Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Thoughts on bluing a bolt on M92 AK pistol...

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm

So, I was poking around the interwebs the other day and found some pictures of a Zastava M92 AK pistol that the owner had blued the bolt on. Looked pretty sweet! I was thinking I might want to do that on mine.

Would cold bluing be acceptable or should I opt for hot bluing?

If cold bluing is good to go, any suggestions on the product(s) I should use?

If hot bluing, any suggestions on where to take it? I don't have a tank or the knowledge for that operation...

Thanks in advance.

Re: Thoughts on bluing a bolt on M92 AK pistol...

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm

or try microslick

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm

if micro slick colors the bolt to your liking, it would be a win-win. Lubricity, ease of cleaning...color(?)

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Tomorrow I will take a picture of the AR bolt BIGGDAD did for me so you can see how it turns out.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm

lionhrt wrote:Tomorrow I will take a picture of the AR bolt BIGGDAD did for me so you can see how it turns out.

Awesome. Thank you!

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 am

is that the original thread protector on that thing?! When are you going to get a Nightbrake or other brake/flash suppressor for it?

(it only takes a few swipes with a triangle file to break the tack weld that holds it on)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:15 am

If you get sticker shock from the cost of microslick or decide to blue it, I can hot blue it for $20

Here is one of my 10/22 bolts that I blued

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:37 am

jukk0u wrote:is that the original thread protector on that thing?! When are you going to get a Nightbrake or other brake/flash suppressor for it?

(it only takes a few swipes with a triangle file to break the tack weld that holds it on)

Haha, I had one that I did some work to, including the manticore night brake, but ended up getting rid of it. Kicked myself over and over, and when I seen one come available a few months back, I had to have it. The one in the pic is from the interwebs, not mine.

I'm definitely going to swap out the thread protector that is on mine. :-)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Here is the bolt from my AR it is more of a greyish, I am not sure if they can custom color it or not. I think my nephew only charges 25 or 30 to do it but we are up here in the great white north you hoser ehh

Post a reply