Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:21 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Thoughts on bluing a bolt on M92 AK pistol... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I was poking around the interwebs the other day and found some pictures of a Zastava M92 AK pistol that the owner had blued the bolt on. Looked pretty sweet! I was thinking I might want to do that on mine.

Would cold bluing be acceptable or should I opt for hot bluing?

If cold bluing is good to go, any suggestions on the product(s) I should use?

If hot bluing, any suggestions on where to take it? I don't have a tank or the knowledge for that operation...

Thanks in advance.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

or try microslick

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if micro slick colors the bolt to your liking, it would be a win-win. Lubricity, ease of cleaning...color(?)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tomorrow I will take a picture of the AR bolt BIGGDAD did for me so you can see how it turns out.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

lionhrt wrote:
Tomorrow I will take a picture of the AR bolt BIGGDAD did for me so you can see how it turns out.

Awesome. Thank you!

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

is that the original thread protector on that thing?! When are you going to get a Nightbrake or other brake/flash suppressor for it?

(it only takes a few swipes with a triangle file to break the tack weld that holds it on)

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you get sticker shock from the cost of microslick or decide to blue it, I can hot blue it for $20

Here is one of my 10/22 bolts that I blued

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

jukk0u wrote:
is that the original thread protector on that thing?! When are you going to get a Nightbrake or other brake/flash suppressor for it?

(it only takes a few swipes with a triangle file to break the tack weld that holds it on)

Haha, I had one that I did some work to, including the manticore night brake, but ended up getting rid of it. Kicked myself over and over, and when I seen one come available a few months back, I had to have it. The one in the pic is from the interwebs, not mine.

I'm definitely going to swap out the thread protector that is on mine. :-)

Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is the bolt from my AR it is more of a greyish, I am not sure if they can custom color it or not. I think my nephew only charges 25 or 30 to do it but we are up here in the great white north you hoser ehh

Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]