Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:48 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Yet another 10/22 project 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I painted the barreled action with satin black spray paint. The rest of the gun will be paint a textured flat black

The satin black was too shiny, so after it dried/cured, I misted it with flat black

I put one coat of black on and quickly realized there was some low spots that showed up. I used spot putty to get them flat

I also painted the stainless screws/bolts

After several coats, I left it to cure for 48hrs

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

See my blog: http://tincanbandit.blogspot.com/

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:02 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Then I cemented the fake bolts in place with JB Weld.

I ran into a little SNAFU when trying to tighten the set screws holding the butt stock in place. The threads were not tapped all the way through, which makes sense as this was designed to attach hand guards and you wouldn't want the threads hitting the barrel. Luckily I had the correct 8-32 tap on hand.

I had to decide on what to do for sights, originally I thought of going with iron sights, but since I cut the barrel, I would need to find a new front mount.

I ended up buying one of these holographic sights, it's an elcheapo chinese made unit, but I figured it was worth a shot for the $15 I paid for it.

Actor portrayal, Action figures sold separately, You must be at least this tall to ride, Individual results may vary, Sales tax not included, All models are over 18 years of age, upon approval of credit, Quantities are limited while supplies last, Some restrictions apply, Not available with other offers, At participating locations only, Void where prohibited, Above terms subject to change without notice, Patent pending.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After some touch up paint, the LTR project is complete

It isn't going to win any beauty contests, but I know Diane Fienstien wouldn't approve and for that I call it winner!

Here are the costs for this project:

10/22 with factory 18.5" barrel: $123.00 (cost after selling the folding stock that it came with)

Factory beech wood stock: $0

Aero Precision BAR barrel nut: $0

bolts, nutserts and set screws: $4.84

Aluminum tubing (butt stock): $2.60

Aluminum butt plate: $0

Aluminum sheet: $0

Flip flop recoil pad: $0 (from previous project)

Black textured paint: $5.68

length of PVC pipe: $0

Tapco grip screw and bushing: $9.80

Skeleton AK grip: $14.95

Grip Plate/Sling Mount: $5.99

3" Picatinney Rail: $4.74

Folding Forward Grip: $5.99

Red Dot holographic Sight: $15.09

Total cost: $192.68

Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3