Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Send out my Glock 20 SF for grip reduction improvement...??

Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:36 pm

Years ago I had a Glock 20 Gen 3 Regular (10mm of course). It was like holding a 4x6. Not sure why I even bought it at the time as I could NEVER get a grip. My hands are relatively small, yet strong. I sold it, but kept the aftermarket stuff. Then I bought the 20 SF version made it into a nice longslide thinking it felt perfect, but still a bit big fat and slippery. So the time has come.

1) School me on the process. Can I send the frame somewhere direct? USPS? UPS? FedEx? AND can they send it back to me direct? (I cannot say I know these laws) (unless local???)

2) What are the current top places? Reduction first, then stippling/texture? Please provide some links to favorites.

3) How about DIY? Links? I have some level of skills. I've build modded guns for the last 8 years.

Thanks!

P

Re: Send out my Glock 20 SF for grip reduction improvement..

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:58 pm

http://www.coldborecustom.com/?no_redirect=true

I have not used his services...but from what I have read his work is top-notch.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Pablo wrote:Years ago I had a Glock 20 Gen 3 Regular (10mm of course). It was like holding a 4x6. Not sure why I even bought it at the time as I could NEVER get a grip. My hands are relatively small, yet strong. I sold it, but kept the aftermarket stuff. Then I bought the 20 SF version made it into a nice longslide thinking it felt perfect, but still a bit big fat and slippery. So the time has come.

1) School me on the process. Can I send the frame somewhere direct? USPS? UPS? FedEx? AND can they send it back to me direct? (I cannot say I know these laws) (unless local???)

2) What are the current top places? Reduction first, then stippling/texture? Please provide some links to favorites.

3) How about DIY? Links? I have some level of skills. I've build modded guns for the last 8 years.

Thanks!

P

In my mind if I buy a pistol and have to send it out to be modified to fit my hands and be comfortable, I need a different pistol to start with.

As far as sending it to someone for the work?

If you send it to a Licensed Gunsmith they can accept it and send it back directly to you without any issues.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:53 pm

You don't own a file? :ROFLMAO:

I know of a guy in Stanwood.... :ROFLMAO:

Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:31 am

usrifle wrote:
In my mind if I buy a pistol and have to send it out to be modified to fit my hands and be comfortable, I need a different pistol to start with.

It's a Glock. It's a decent platform for modification at a good price point that doesn't fit anyone. To make it fit is fairly normal. I have plenty of guns that fit my hand nicely as purchased, but not a ton of modifiable long slide 10mm, with 9x25, 357Sig and .40SW barrels.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:11 am

I feel your pain, man.

I'd probably have to wrap it in 20 yards of grip tape, to make it big enough to get a good grip on.

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Selador wrote:I feel your pain, man.

I'd probably have to wrap it in 20 yards of grip tape, to make it big enough to get a good grip on.

So you are a big man. With big hands? :rofl9: :ROFLMAO:

Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:22 pm

buy a delta elite...results- glocks remains unmolested and retains value, you spend about the same, you get cool gun

Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:00 am

I say go for it. The 21 can be a really good shooter, and it's worth making it fit your hands better. Accuracy of these can be very good and they feed just about anything.
Unfortunately I don't know where you should send it either.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:47 am

Not so worried about molesting the value. It's a custom longslide 20 already. Well I could make it stock again. I may start by removing the finger grooves. I also have 3 places in mind now. Thanks!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:24 am

You could look into a Lonewolf frame if they make one for your model. By the time you spend the money on the reduction, it's a wash.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:26 am

Would it still be a Glock when you're done? :peep:

Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:27 am

OhShoot! wrote:You could look into a Lonewolf frame if they make one for your model. By the time you spend the money on the reduction, it's a wash.

They have been promising a large frame for YEARS now. They said it was coming in 2014! Not sure what is going on at LW. I failed to mention in the OP my patience with LW has grown a little thin.

It's not really got many Glock parts left!!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:31 am

I use deck tape. Heat up the frame with a hair dryer and the grip tape and it will never come off unless you take it off.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:43 am

Cash or money order me ousside or nah?

But seriously, Robar and ZEV are like the Mercedes-Benz and BMW of this. There are probably local outfits who will do it for less and no need to ship. C.a.R. Firearms has this work listed on their site.
Post a reply