Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:10 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 GLOCK Apex Trigger 

Who has an Apex trigger in their Glock? How do you like it and is it worthwhile?

Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good trigger. I like Agency a tiny bit better.

Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Curious on this , agency and a few other glock triggers..

Want something different as the springs , polishing, connector, etc still leaves me thinking there's gotta be something better

Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:14 am

mustangfreek wrote:
Curious on this , agency and a few other glock triggers..

Want something different as the springs , polishing, connector, etc still leaves me thinking there's gotta be something better

I agree. I have the 3.5 connector, polishing, and springs on my Glock and it is not even close to my M&P with Apex FSS kit. I'm starting to wonder if it ever will be....

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:20 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I polish all my trigger bars and even the connectors were they touch. I have tried every combination of springs possible. I have 6 different brands of triggers and at least ten different connectors. This is what I know after much experimentation.

Always polish the trigger bar. Always put in a 6# trigger spring as opposed to the stock 5#. Put in a good connector, as they are what really change the feel of the trigger. A stock(-) connector is okay, but a Ghost ultimate, or Zev race connector are my favorites. The different triggers can take out over travel and creep, but the connector is what takes out the squishy feeling, and give it a better break. Don't change the striker spring. It gives you a lighter pull, but also makes the firing pin hit lighter, which can lead to light strikes without ignition. You can compensate for that with a lighter firing pin, but now you've gotten way away from what the stock FCG was meant to do.

Last bit of advice from my experience. Gen 3 Glocks are easier to get that squishy feel out of than gen 4s. I don't know why, but it's a fact.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:51 am

Good info clam. Do you keep the stock safety plunger?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hear that in the gen 4 squishy trigger things I did made the pull better but more mushy and some worse

Was just gonna say what other connectors are good? Got a new gen 4 and looking to add something different then the - In the other glock

Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the925life wrote:
Good info clam. Do you keep the stock safety plunger?

Sorry. I forgot to mention the plunger. I've used after market plungers that are more round in appearance, but polishing up the stock one feels the same to me. I use a lighter plunger spring in all my Glocks, but remember the plunger is a safety device. I would not put a lighter plunger spring in someone else's Glock because of that.

Ghost makes the best selection of connectors. I would have to pull out some of my Gen 4 Glocks to see which one is best for Gen 4s. Ghost ultimate connector is a really good universal connector. They also have a lengthy explanation on their site about triggers. http://www.ghostinc.com/category/02_cho ... r_for_you/

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]