Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

WASR10 Shepherds Hook

Fri May 17, 2013 9:11 am

So I have finally diagnosed that my shepherds hook isn't set up correctly which is why my damn trigger pin keeps popping out and trigger falling out.

I plan on going shooting tomorrow so I will be attempting to put it in place correctly tonight. Anyone have any useful guides to follow or tips?

Also I've heard about retainer plates being a good solution. Anyone have recommendations?

Re: WASR10 Shepherds Hook

Fri May 17, 2013 9:15 am

Check Youtube, there are great videos on trigger swaps. I prefer the G2 without the plate personally though. Good luck.

Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 am

Gun has the G2 trigger. But the damn shepherds hook is annoying. Wanted to see if anyone had experience with plates.

Last time I played with the damn hook it gave me a decent cut on my finger too

Fri May 17, 2013 9:33 am

Plates are crap. The simple shepherds hook is the best.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com ... RDS/Detail

Reverse that image and that's how it should be installed. It clips itself onto the trigger axis pin and the long top arm goes under the hammer axis pin. I only use these on my AK's and have NEVER had an issue. Just be sure you apply pressure on the hammer axis pin to make sure it is seated all the way and you may have to move the coil from the hammer spring out of the way in order to allow the long arm to engage the groove in the axis pin.

Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am

This will work with my WASR? I may consider that as a replacement for future. But for now I just gotta put this shitty one in place so I can abuse it tomorrow.

Mon May 20, 2013 7:41 am

So it turns out I actually have a shepherds CROOK. It was a slightly pain in the ass to get in place but now my AK is functioning like a champ again. I think I will order a replacement part for it, shoot the hell out of it some more and when I do a full breakdown/clean I will install it.
Post a reply