Switch to full style
How to's, DIY's and helpful hints and tricks. Ask any questions you may have too.
Post a reply

Thompson semi pistol build.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:14 pm

Customer wanted a Thompson pistol. So here we are, Semi lower an bolt already done..this one's gonna be interesting to get jigged up an saved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Thompson semi pistol build.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:29 pm

Nice . . . I'm looking forward to watching this happen! :thumbsup2:

Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:05 pm

Good luck! If MachineGunBoards is still running, you might poke over there and reach out to Lionheart if he's still around. 20 years ago he was looking to develop a Title I family of Thompsons that would be closer to the original receiver dimensions than Numrich/Kahr.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 pm

Well best part of Thompson's is every lower is a template for OAL of the upper.

Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:49 pm

True, but a West Hurley semi-only upper is lower in height than an original full-auto, part of the tweaking to be "not readily convertible" which traps original 1927s in the hell of "all the nuisance of owning an MG with none of the fun."

Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:36 pm

Oh yeah lots of fun

Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:22 am

Little black magic sorcery an poof semi pistol receiver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:56 am

One Off, or have you considered partnering with a manufacturer someday?

Looks like an M1, if I'm not mistaken, 1921/1927/1928 were all top-charge.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:03 am

Yeah its a M1. Im a manufacturer. Done all sorts of stuff over the years. Now i got a customer base ill do builds for and the rest of my time is gunsmithing. Ive partnered up with a few folks..One is a big company that owes 17k still..Another owes me Guns that are on his books and he kept my money. So just me now.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:06 am

OUCH. Gotcha. If case 2 is hardware already built, sounds like time to call ATF about Stolen Guns... otherwise I'm hearing some Courtroom Action time followed by Name-and-Shame.

Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:09 am

Nope not that easy..Once a firearm is in a bound book its no longer your property..Little known thing. Courts are useless would cost more than what i would get and would be 3-5 years of court. So write off and lesson learned. Anyways got internal milling and clean up now , Barrel torque and check headspace then test fire. Might get it done today or might get a few other builds caught up.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:39 pm

And now it's done. All blued an ready for test fire an shipment

Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:42 pm

Gunnerboy wrote:And now it's done. All blued an ready for test fire an shipment

Wow!

Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:49 pm

She's a beaut! Too bad the turd-smokers in Olympia have shut the party down so I couldn't ask you about costs to fab a receiver for another one... or a 1927A5 "Other Firearm" with 26"+ OAL plus VFG.

Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:48 pm

Damned impressive build time, as always! thumbsup
Post a reply