Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:57 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yugo reweld. 
FFL / Dealer

Half dozen mags and it never skipped a beat. Didnt die this trip either so its a good one.

Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:02 pm

You've been welding for a few years, haven't you. It is truly an art, and takes practice to get right.

Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:15 pm
FFL / Dealer

About 3 years. Maybe 5.. Bought a Tig welder..watched some YouTube videos an started burning up argon an tungsten. All it takes is patience an money.

Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:24 pm
FFL / Dealer

Done. Little worn here an there to look age appropriate.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks good!!!! Makes me want to finish my m72 that is on my workbench, but i cheated on that one, and used a turbothis backhalf. I also have a m70 UF and m70 fixed that i just need to finish the welds on, and a m76 still in the box(going to get a m70 front stub since they are almost identical). I have a thing for yugo AK's especially milled ones

As for equipment, i used my 110v lincoln flux core, when done right it turns out pretty nice, on my galils i had 1/2" torch gaps to bridge.

How the F, is there a virgin yugo kit in existence? I mean most of those got ran really hard during the 90's....

Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:14 pm
FFL / Dealer

I've had a few yugo kits that were unfired. Some just got left in the mines for ww3. Yes the yugos especially milled always felt an fit correctly.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:17 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I do have some spare original m70 barrels if you want to go that way on another build. I bought a pile of them and sorted out the best for my builds but i think some of the others should shoot okay too.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I hate to ask this, but is this legal? Was this receiver capable of full auto before it was cut? Nice work though,I would reweld if I had one.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mcyclonegt wrote:
I hate to ask this, but is this legal? Was this receiver capable of full auto before it was cut? Nice work though,I would reweld if I had one.

Once a MG always a MG, so you cant just plug the happy hole(that was once legal and guns were imported that way), the importer must destroy the receiver per ATF guidelines, aka torch cut(simple saw cut thru the magwell was once legal too). After that, it is legally scrap metal, so you can do whatever you want with it. There arent any laws about building yourself a semi auto gun, and you can use whatever you want to build it out of.

Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:29 pm
FFL / Dealer

mcyclonegt wrote:

Yes perfectly legal. Step one is weld up the FA holes. Then turn scrap metal back into a receiver an mark it with your manufacturer markings either personal or business as required by "law"

Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2