Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Your New Lt. Governor Bans Firearms In Senate Gallery 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Three years after the 2A rally where some folks in a controversial move took their openly carried long arms into the Senate's public gallery, Lt. Governor Cyrus Habib has moved to ban all fire arms from the gallery. The house will have to pass their own ban if they wish to follow suit.

http://komonews.com/news/local/state-se ... ic-gallery

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:10 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Fuck that, and fuck him. I know the banning of OC in the gallery was a bipartisan movement. Can Habib, unilaterally bypass preemption?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:04 pm
Profile WWW

I can't imagine why we can't have nice things. Some people don't understand the difference between things you can do, and things you should do.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I blame it on the ANTIFA guy with the AK.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Massivedesign wrote:
Fuck that, and fuck him.

Exactly.

And notice that the ban is only in the public gallery . . . not in the area where the senators themselves are.

This really IS starting to smell more and more like California.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, did LG Habib even see this display of guns?

icon_eek

Just another case of blind justice. :shocked4:

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:47 pm

It's pretty messed up that such a decision is left up to him, and him only. Even with the loss of that 1 GOP seat, I bet the senate would have voted no on this move. He also said CC is not consistent with the "decorum" of the chamber. How so if it's not visible? Plus he's blind, why the hell does he care?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:27 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Serious note..
Violation of State Preemption?

Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:22 pm

golddigger14s wrote:
Serious note..

It's a secured building. Carrying firearms in a secured building is a privilege, not a right.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

sreyemj wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Serious note..

It's a secured building. Carrying firearms in a secured building is a privilege, not a right.

Wut? Can you please show me where in .300 it specifies this?

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am fine with it as long as they provide lock boxes and security screening like a courthouse.

Otherwise, they are just turning it into a soft target.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:18 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
I am fine with it as long as they provide lock boxes and security screening like a courthouse.

Otherwise, they are just turning it into a soft target.

They already said they won't be doing either of those.

Quote:
“I want to make something clear, I’m going to guarantee you this is not the last you’ve seen of him (Beto),” Biden said Monday evening during a campaign rally in Dallas. “You’re (Beto) going to take care of the gun problem with me. You’re (Beto) going to be the one who leads this effort.”

https://www.newsweek.com/beto-orourke-g ... ns-1465738
Quote:
[Beto O'Rourke Suggests Police Would 'Visit' Homes To Implement Proposed Assault Weapons Ban] "In that case, I think that there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm... ..."If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47, one of these weapons of war...then that weapon will be taken from them"

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Massivedesign wrote:
sreyemj wrote:
golddigger14s wrote:
Serious note..

Wut? Can you please show me where in .300 it specifies this?

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Do you think this is something that needs to be addressed by state law? There are a laundry list of buildings that don't allow you to stupidly carry your unloaded AR around (including the White House), and I don't see how a rule banning this type of activity to be in violation of the 2nd amendment.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sreyemj wrote:

Do you think this is something that needs to be addressed by state law? There are a laundry list of buildings that don't allow you to stupidly carry your unloaded AR around (including the White House), and I don't see how a rule banning this type of activity to be in violation of the 2nd amendment.

Yes, I do think it needs to be addressed by State Law. Wa State Law is written to where only the prohibited / illegal is codified, if it's not codified, it's legal. I am not talking Federal Gov. here, I am talking about WA STATE, which has a preemption clause, a fairly strong 2A section of the State Constitution, and a pretty solid foundation to how prohibitions are done/ not done.

This also isn't about carrying your AR. This bans ALL firearms, open, concealed, handgun, rifle... Doesn't matter. I take my kids to the Capital Building, but now I can't show them the Chamber because I may be carrying a concealed firearm? A Chamber that is open to the public, with the intention of always being open so "We the People" can participate in the process.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:

There are specific federal laws governing people and areas under secret service protection.

There's no specific state law that would allow this AFAIK, except maybe the general trespass law, which is a bit of a stretch.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next