Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Rubber Buckshot 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone recently told me that using rubber buckshot/non-lethal was illegal here in WA. My google search only came up with keyboard commando opinions, not actual law. My shotgun has rubber buckshot as the 1st round, and followed by critical defense.
Please no opinions, just a link to actual RCW/etc.
As the saying goes: Just the facts ma'am.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dont know that ive seen anything about the legality of the lethality of that which exits a barrel other than you are responsible for said carnage

yup, my researched opinion and since i have not found anything to the contrary i cant cite anything for ya as they only tell you whats illegal not necessarily whats legal. Have not seen anything on ammo restrictions

Last edited by toys in the toybox on Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

A link to an actual nonexistent RCW? Now that's a tall order! :ROFLMAO:

Only law I know of concerning rubber buckshot pertains to registering a flare gun as a DD before using less lethal ammo in it.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never heard such a thing.

00 for the win. If I use it in my place in a self defense situation I’m gunna need to paint the walls after.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
Someone recently told me that using rubber buckshot/non-lethal was illegal here in WA. My google search only came up with keyboard commando opinions, not actual law. My shotgun has rubber buckshot as the 1st round, and followed by critical defense.
Please no opinions, just a link to actual RCW/etc.
As the saying goes: Just the facts ma'am.

** This is not legal advice, and I have not been compensated or retained on this topic **

I've frankly never heard of it, never thought or considered the practice, and never been asked or looked into it. You'll find the WA RCWs here: http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx? ... &full=true

I searched terms like "rubber," and "ammunition," and "less" and "lethal, and had no relevant hits.
Legally, I cannot say for certain but am unaware of the prohibition on less-than-lethal ammo. It would also be illogical, really. It's still considered a lethal weapon.

For further confirmation and as a cross reference, I looked at a retailer and they presumably have a legal team determine where their product can be shipped. http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/12 ... ethal.html
Quote:
12 Gauge Less Lethal

All rounds come in a three pack. Sorry we cannot ship any ammo to Hawaii, Alaska, Massachusetts, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, CA, Cook County IL, Connecticut and New York state.

So, an internet search turned up nothing, I couldn't locate it in the obvious area of the RCW, one retailer will ship it to WA, -

and I've had about 3 glasses of whiskey. :bigsmile: :cheers2:

:cheers2: So all that may be useless. :cheers2:

Now from a practical point, even though you don't want to hear it, it's important to say. Putting a LL round on deck is a dangerous practice. I wouldn't do it absent expressly good cause. Your shotgun is still considered a lethal weapon even if loaded with LL shot. LL can still be lethal too, especially at close HD ranges.

It seems that maybe you're relying on it to be a crutch or a second chance, perhaps if you make a mistake? Dunno. Maybe you have good reasons. But you won't find many folks who would endorse it. You should at least re-consider.
Carry on. :patriot: :AR15firing:

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I find myself in a SD situation, frankly I'm not interested in LL ammo. I want a show stopper to come out of the barrel first, second, end even last.

If you can legally deploy your firearm for SD, what comes out of the barrel is immaterial and unless you want to end in a gunfight, make it LETHAL.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rubber buckshot lets your assailant sue you afterwards

Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Arisaka wrote:
Rubber buckshot lets your assailant sue you afterwards

What about a rubber slug?
Followed of course by some magnum 00 buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]