Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Passage of HB 1501=Higher Transfer Fees Headed Your Way Soon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sharing this data with WASPC seems like it could expose sensitive information outside the circle of entities normally assumed to have access to it. Not everyone in WASPC is a current or retired member of law enforcement. They also have an affiliate membership level for people whose functions are tangentially related to LE but who aren't actually sworn/obligated/etc. On the WASPC blog they give a partial list (here's the post if anyone wants to search it for affiliate members -- https://waspc.wordpress.com/author/waspc/). The list is an attendee roster from a conference back in 2011, but there's someone from WSU on there and someone else works for an organization that appears to focus on some sort of political lobbying.

I don't have a good grasp on how the investigative process would work, but should those people have any potential access to personal data when a denial comes through? Maybe the answer is "yes," but it's a question that's worth asking since this is not a police-only organization.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2