Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:19 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Can a friend FFL mail a gun I own to me in a different state 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes I figured you meant California. The OP asked about AZ which is why I brought it up. In this case, thankfully, California law is completely irrelevant.

Sent from Proxima Centauri b through the ether using FTL transmission technology, Honey encryption, and Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, thanks for all the help on this one.

Seems only "Me in WA" could ship "My Guns" to "Me in AZ". That means I have to be in WA to send... another person sending as me isn't legal.

Was hoping there was some legal way to move them without me going to WA. Looks like I could exploit some grey area's... but isn't worth the risk.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cowboycraig wrote:
Thanks all. Think I will fly out sometime and go to a gun shop and have them send to another gun show near me here in AZ.
I don't want to bother with guns on a plane. I know it isn't a big deal, but would rather never have to deal with it.

I just flew with a gun, and found it very easy. (I will never fly without) If you have some one mail it to you:
Pistol: FFL WA > FFL AZ
RIfle: Person WA > FFL AZ

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ship them to yourself. Who cares who the 'you' is that ships them to you? Screw this shit. It's not a transfer. Or if someone drives down to visit they can bring them, screw this shit. Who will know? Don't comply.

Did I mention? Screw this shit!

Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
jdhbulseye wrote:
PMB wrote:
Where is the transfer?

I agree that the law is murky on this, or at least can be read in a few different ways. I'd assume common sense meaning and go from there. He owns it when it is here. He owns it when it is mailed. He receives it as the rightful owner.

"ownership" and "control" or "possession" aren't always the same thing in legal definitions.

Agreed. I will do as I wish within the bounds of my understanding. I am aware that much of law is not enforced by common sense, no matter how it was intended. So be it.

If ownership and possession made any real difference in this scenario... Then the aforementioned people who compete, and bring a bunch of guns with them on flights to other states, would all be in trouble...

gscott wrote:
Ship them to yourself. Who cares who the 'you' is that ships them to you? Screw this shit. It's not a transfer. Or if someone drives down to visit they can bring them, screw this shit. Who will know? Don't comply.

Did I mention? Screw this shit!

Agreed. Just get them there, and if anyone asks how they got there, you had them all in your pockets when you walked down there.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ended up flying all 4 guns back to AZ with me. Have never done that before, was nervous. Found that it is totally easy and a LOT of people fly with guns. The TSA makes way more deal out of forgetting your wallet is in your pocket, than a suitcase full of AR's lol.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

cowboycraig wrote:
Ended up flying all 4 guns back to AZ with me. Have never done that before, was nervous. Found that it is totally easy and a LOT of people fly with guns. The TSA makes way more deal out of forgetting your wallet is in your pocket, than a suitcase full of AR's lol.
Felt great afterwards didn't it?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
cowboycraig wrote:

It felt great and a bit odd also. TSA does not check if the guns are unloaded or even look at them. Guess that would require more training.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cowboycraig wrote:
dreadi wrote:
cowboycraig wrote:

It felt great and a bit odd also. TSA does not check if the guns are unloaded or even look at them. Guess that would require more training.

Those fucking savages are untrainable. Remember the total fuckup from high school? That guy is the caliber of guy that works for the TSA.

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:44 am

cowboycraig wrote:
dreadi wrote:
cowboycraig wrote:

TSA can and will check whether or not firearms are cleared. Not consistently but, they can and will at their discretion. As we know, not everyone is familiar with the safe handling of firearms and therefore it would require more training for it to be done consistently. Even the ticket agents have been known to check whether a firearm is cleared or not.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My experience is that they didn't open my gun case, they just had me sign a piece of paper about the size of two business cards promising it was unloaded. Then had me put it inside the bag with the gun. Some airports will not let the bag (with red I've got a gun tag) go to the regular baggage carousel, and it will be waiting for you at a baggage claim office.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
My experience is that they didn't open my gun case, they just had me sign a piece of paper about the size of two business cards promising it was unloaded. Then had me put it inside the bag with the gun. Some airports will not let the bag (with red I've got a gun tag) go to the regular baggage carousel, and it will be waiting for you at a baggage claim office.

My experience also. Checked baggage with guns is supposed to goto baggage claim and have tag and your ID checked. Of course, one the bags went to the carousel :angryfire:
That actually bothered me.

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've discovered today how easy it is to ship a rifle I've sold to a buyer with an FFL in another state.
I also verified it with my local UPS guy today too.

For roughly an extra $10, UPS comes to my door at a time I schedule, to pick up the rifle pre-packaged and labeled.

52x14x4" box, bubble wrap and cardboard reinforcement, Print my own label shipping to purchaser's FFL. Done.
I charge the buyer for the shipping and pick up.

Question, I am getting copies of FFLs, is there a way I can verify that they're not fake?
One FFL required I put a copy of my drivers license in the box. Is this an unusual request? Should I 'black' anything out on the copy of my DL?

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:57 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If only there was a website that made it quick and easy...

https://www.atfonline.gov/fflezcheck/

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:06 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

sportsdad60 wrote:
Should I 'black' anything out on the copy of my DL?

I always black out my weight.

Just kidding. *shrug* Whenever I've done it, I've just left it all there.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next