Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 CPL delayed for 60 days 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If they can't keep up, perhaps the default should simply be that you can carry as soon as your papers are lodged. Or you know, constitutional carry. Either way, they seem completely unconcerned with denying people their rights due to their incompetence.

Eventually someone is going to die due to these delays.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:24 am
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

kf7mjf wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
dreadi wrote:
That's going too far. The system was setup and expectations were established, they aren't being met due to the system being over taxed. In the accounts recorded here, no one has had their rights denied. Instead of making a lawsuit, why not ask how you can help.

That is one way to look at it, however we are paying for this service, so if you have XXXX amount of applicants you have XXXX amount of dollars......hire someone if necessary

another example of how inept our government is, they don't give a shit about how long you have to wait, where you gonna go? They have the monopoly.

The agency actually processing the application gets $4 to do it. Minimum wage is $11 per hour, and I suspect most people involved in the process make more than that. That means unless they can do the whole thing in about 20 minutes, the agency is already losing money on the process, which means without local investment of funds in hiring more people, they are going to keep struggling to keep up with above average demand.

I was wrong about one thing. The volunteers process the fingerprints. They don't do the background portion.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

kf7mjf wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
dreadi wrote:
That's going too far. The system was setup and expectations were established, they aren't being met due to the system being over taxed. In the accounts recorded here, no one has had their rights denied. Instead of making a lawsuit, why not ask how you can help.

That is one way to look at it, however we are paying for this service, so if you have XXXX amount of applicants you have XXXX amount of dollars......hire someone if necessary

another example of how inept our government is, they don't give a shit about how long you have to wait, where you gonna go? They have the monopoly.

The agency actually processing the application gets $4 to do it. Minimum wage is $11 per hour, and I suspect most people involved in the process make more than that. That means unless they can do the whole thing in about 20 minutes, the agency is already losing money on the process, which means without local investment of funds in hiring more people, they are going to keep struggling to keep up with above average demand.

Unfortunately yes. It's a fucked up system. Law abiding people wait for a permit to do what criminals do every day. I never understood why the state is more concerned about an average Joe wanting to pack heat to protect himself and his family when they could spend those same resources worrying more about the shitbags robbing, raping, and pillaging in our society. Contitutional carry would eliminate the bullshit. Anything that the state says it is worried about with regard to CC is already covered by existing law without a CC permitting process/system.

Sent from Proxima Centauri b through the ether using FTL transmission technology, Honey encryption, and Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:39 am

In 2008 when Bush was on his way out, Florida was backed up 3 months on issuing Concealed Weapons Permits. That was semi-painful wait. That was preceded by having to wait to take a class, and the costs associated with that, finger prints, photos, and notary. My opinion is that this is just part of the normal election cycle rush and that we have it very good here in Washington. I don't want to see the time frame remain extended in the long term as none of you do.

When demand for a product spikes, ramping up production isn't always a long-term solution. We expect for the state and LE to be good stewards and in no case reported here has anyone been denied their rights, just delayed. In the meantime you can open carry.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you are someone who commutes by bus, the lack of a CPL effectively reduces you to no carry for part of your trip, since you need a CPL to carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle. Unlicensed open carry is great but WA's regs make it inherently less safe -- not only are you unarmed, you must also manipulate your firearm on multiple occasions to follow the in-a-car/out-of-a-car part of the law. Oregon at least has opted for common sense when it comes to unlicensed open carry in a car, rather than allowing nothing more than lazy policing to write that part of its rules.

I'm not suggesting any LE agency is purposely delaying the issuance of CPLs. I don't think that and I'm certainly not saying that. I do think, though, that expecting CPLs to be issued within the time set out in the law is a fair and legitimate perspective. I would support a rule change that says any person who has applied for their CPL and received no response within 30 days can begin carrying concealed and be protected under the law as if they had received their CPL. This doesn't put any additional pressure on agencies that are already running behind and doing their best, and it still ensures people who have applied for their CPL in good faith don't suffer from a delay of their rights.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that CPLs are ridiculous. Has the lack of a piece of paper EVER stopped a prohibited person from stuffing a gun in their waistband?

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:25 pm

To my surprise Seattle PD are fast, friendly and efficient when it comes to CPL. PD HQ are now even laminating them for you when they didn't use to. Mine is up for renewal soon and I was told by a woman behind the counter that when I come in to renee it will take five minutes and I will leave with my new permit. Kinda surprised that they don't slow walk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mislabeled wrote:
I would support a rule change that says any person who has applied for their CPL and received no response within 30 days can begin carrying concealed and be protected under the law as if they had received their CPL. This doesn't put any additional pressure on agencies that are already running behind and doing their best, and it still ensures people who have applied for their CPL in good faith don't suffer from a delay of their rights.

Agreed. This would be similar to what we have today for background checks when purchasing a firearm; if the check isn't completed within a certain time frame, then the sale is allowed to proceed.

There needs to be something in place to encourage the LE agencies to get this done on time. You would think that a "law" would be sufficient motivation for "law enforcement," but apparently it's not.

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:42 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

King county intentionally delayed my wife's by 60 days even though the law says 30 day maximum.

After 30 days I called them to ask why, they told me because she is not a citizen. I got off the phone, went through the law with a fine tooth comb and determined they were acting outside of the law. I called back and pointed out there was nowhere in the law that said she had to be delayed 60 days. There was however a 60 day wait for people who are required to get an alien firearms licence, and since she is a 'Lawful Permanent Resident' that does not apply to her. I insisted they cite the law that gives her a 60 day wait, they said they couldn't find it at that moment but they knew it was there. I responded with a "maybe you can't find it because it doesn't exist?"

The lady I was talking to was getting short with me so I decided to let it go and just wait the additional 30 day. I was afraid if I pushed too hard they might try retaliate in some way, such as delaying it even more. Since there is nobody to stop them from delaying it an additional 30 days, I imagine they could get away with delaying it a lot longer than that.

I believe they may have been acting in ignorance, typical Americans not knowing there is more than one kind of alien status. It's also possible the Sheriff Office's procedures had fallen behind the law as the law was recently changed to exempt Permanent Residents from that 60 day clause. But they refused to listen to me, and I bet they are still forcing a 60 day wait on Permanent Residents, and I'd like to file a complaint about this so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Who should I report this to?

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

shawnbon206 wrote:

Send it to the Attorney General, it's his job to clear up shit like this and I'm sure he'll be all over it.

:peep:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
shawnbon206 wrote:

Send it to the Attorney General, it's his job to clear up shit like this and I'm sure he'll be all over it.

BAHAHA AG Ferguson :runforthehills: he needs to be fired

I would get ahold of Pam Roach

Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

shawnbon206 wrote:
King county intentionally delayed my wife's by 60 days even though the law says 30 day maximum.

After 30 days I called them to ask why, they told me because she is not a citizen. I got off the phone, went through the law with a fine tooth comb and determined they were acting outside of the law. I called back and pointed out there was nowhere in the law that said she had to be delayed 60 days. There was however a 60 day wait for people who are required to get an alien firearms licence, and since she is a 'Lawful Permanent Resident' that does not apply to her. I insisted they cite the law that gives her a 60 day wait, they said they couldn't find it at that moment but they knew it was there. I responded with a "maybe you can't find it because it doesn't exist?"

The lady I was talking to was getting short with me so I decided to let it go and just wait the additional 30 day. I was afraid if I pushed too hard they might try retaliate in some way, such as delaying it even more. Since there is nobody to stop them from delaying it an additional 30 days, I imagine they could get away with delaying it a lot longer than that.

I believe they may have been acting in ignorance, typical Americans not knowing there is more than one kind of alien status. It's also possible the Sheriff Office's procedures had fallen behind the law as the law was recently changed to exempt Permanent Residents from that 60 day clause. But they refused to listen to me, and I bet they are still forcing a 60 day wait on Permanent Residents, and I'd like to file a complaint about this so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

I got traction after I cc'd the sheriff. You should try get in contact with your sheriff. It's what worked for me (I got them to issue my CPL) and now my wife when she applied they confirmed that here time would be 30 days.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
MadPick wrote:
shawnbon206 wrote:

BAHAHA AG Ferguson :runforthehills: he needs to be fired

I would get ahold of Pam Roach

Pam Roach retired from the Legislature on January 3rd. I heard she works for Pierce County Council now.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
shawnbon206 wrote:

I spit on my screen

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 am

Sad to report that my wife nor I have yet to receive our CPL. We applied back in mid-Nov! If you recall my earlier post that Issaquah PD won't issue until they complete their background checks, no matter what the law says. I was told I'd have to sue them before they'd issue it.

I agree with a previous poster, constitutional carry solves many issues and can help LE direct more of their resources actually getting criminals.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow my CPL renewal in Redmond came back in 3 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next