Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 CPL delayed for 60 days 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
So got a response from DOL, they referenced the same plain text of the law regarding maximum allowed issuing time.

I called the King County Courthouse one last time in a last ditch attempt to sort it out, and it's not going to happen today as it requires instruction from their legal dept., but I am actually confident this is an honest mistake and hopefully nobody else (ie. my wife) will have to go through a purposeful delay beyond the maximum allowed by law.

If you strike out, PM me. I know a Sgt who sits right across the hall from them. No promises.
I would ask them to help on the basis that they don't want to look stupid and better to just resolve this in a timely manner.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
If you strike out, PM me. I know a Sgt who sits right across the hall from them. No promises.
I would ask them to help on the basis that they don't want to look stupid and better to just resolve this in a timely manner.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So after pestering another round of emails they've fully made good this afternoon. Word came back from legal to issue the permit and picked it up this afternoon!

Hopefully others will not face similar delays, it did seem like an honest mistake that has been corrected.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
So after pestering another round of emails they've fully made good this afternoon. Word came back from legal to issue the permit and picked it up this afternoon!

Hopefully others will not face similar delays, it did seem like an honest mistake that has been corrected.

Excellent.

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:

cmica wrote:
betcha it will show up fri

what did I say :wink05:

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Sadly, this isn't an isolated issue in King County. Wife and I applied on Dec. 1 and still have no response. I've been so busy with the holidays I didn't concern myself with it and put it out of mind. Now I will have to make a call to find out where it's at. Perhaps they are just back logged and it's an honest mistake. Starting to think otherwise...

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:22 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Where are you guys going in king county? I need to get mine renewed and thinking of going to the police station close to my house in Northgate.

Edit: nevermind, looks like I gotta go to the police station on 6th Ave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:19 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cmica wrote:
PinSniper wrote:

cmica wrote:
betcha it will show up fri

what did I say :wink05:

well, until I the response to the email in which Ihad cc'd the sheriff, their schedule was another 31 days.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Clobber wrote:
Sadly, this isn't an isolated issue in King County. Wife and I applied on Dec. 1 and still have no response. I've been so busy with the holidays I didn't concern myself with it and put it out of mind. Now I will have to make a call to find out where it's at. Perhaps they are just back logged and it's an honest mistake. Starting to think otherwise...

Let us know how you go. It would be interesting to get some idea as to how often they are breaking the law.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:53 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Mr. Q wrote:
Where are you guys going in king county? I need to get mine renewed and thinking of going to the police station close to my house in Northgate.

Edit: nevermind, looks like I gotta go to the police station on 6th Ave.

Is that lady still sitting outside staring them down everyday all day?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PinSniper wrote:
well, until I the response to the email in which Ihad cc'd the sheriff, their schedule was another 31 days.

Ha! Your email would have gone not to the actual sheriff, but the sgt I was mentioning.
Glad it was taken care of.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Breck wrote:
Having a current and valid CPL is no guarantee that you'll be handed your firearm that day. I have one and been "delayed" the past 10 firearms purchases.

Are you a permanent resident? That's why we get delayed right off the bat. You get a hit on ice's database therefore are delayed until they look into your immigration status. All my purchases are delayed by 24 hours, first one too 3 days but I'm sure the ffl released the gun to me without hearing back as I had a cpl. Hopefully when I become a citizen this year it will stop!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:53 am

I applied for mine on/about November 10 with Everett PD. 6 weeks later I called and she said it was in the stack to be printed that day (how convenient). She did say she's a one person department and that holiday season gun sales had hit hard. I pointed out that I had applied well before Black Friday and she said she knew; it can early this year. I realized later that a bunch of people bought guns and applied for permits right before the election because they were afraid of Hillary being president, and then a bunch did right after the election because they're afraid of Trump's presidency.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bsand wrote:
Breck wrote:
Having a current and valid CPL is no guarantee that you'll be handed your firearm that day. I have one and been "delayed" the past 10 firearms purchases.

Are you a permanent resident? That's why we get delayed right off the bat. You get a hit on ice's database therefore are delayed until they look into your immigration status. All my purchases are delayed by 24 hours, first one too 3 days but I'm sure the ffl released the gun to me without hearing back as I had a cpl. Hopefully when I become a citizen this year it will stop!

I also got delayed a lot while I was a permanent resident. There's another reason, when they run the "triple I", you will have a federal file on record for getting fingerprints for your green card. Mine shows I have a record at the Portland OR FBI office. So they have to always check in to what is going on with that.

Of course, I have an FFL 03 and a CPL so it should not be rocket science. Haven't bought a gun since I got my citizenship.

Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:42 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

bsand wrote:
Breck wrote:

it does.... been there done that... got denied once because the person doing the check got my Alien number wrong.. it was sorted out when the ffl called nice and they figured out the error. otherwise always a 24 hr delay

since getting citizenship never been delayed

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next