Switch to full style
Current and Upcoming Legislation. Local, State and Federal.

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.
Post a reply

Open carry of an AR15 on a motorcycle

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:32 pm

A guy I work with showed me a picture of a dude on a motorcycle with an AR slung over his shoulder with a magazine inserted. Is that legal to do here in WA? Open carry a loaded AR?

Dude also had what looked like a Desert Eagle in a drop-leg holster.

Is this anybody on here? It was in the Everett area today (1/04/16).

Just curious. Thanks.

Re: Open carry of an AR15 on a motorcycle

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Open carry is legal EXCEPT Seattle City limits. Back in the 70s, I did just that. Rode with an AR on my back, on a motorcycle.
No one ever bothered me. Except a cute gal in a tank top and short-shorts who hitched a ride. Thats a whole other story in its self.
Today you may get shot down like a dog in the street. Cops harass gun owners.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Yes, it's legal.

Whether it's smart, or recommended, is a discussion that can (and has!) go on for many pages.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Mr Odd Six wrote:Open carry is legal EXCEPT Seattle City limits.

No. Open carry is legal in Seattle as well.

Our state's pre-emption law guarantees that.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:00 pm

In WA, not legal to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in/on a motor vehicle unless:
LEO
While actually hunting with a WA disabled hunting permit under certain conditions.

Whether an inserted mag of unknown condition would be RAS/PC for a vehicle stop, I dunno.
But in Seattle it would gather a lot of attention.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Guntrader wrote:In WA, not legal to carry a loaded rifle or shotgun in/on a motor vehicle unless:
LEO
While actually hunting with a WA disabled hunting permit under certain conditions.

Whether an inserted mag of unknown condition would be RAS/PC for a vehicle stop, I dunno.
But in Seattle it would gather a lot of attention.

Ah, good catch. I missed the "loaded" part of the OP . . . my bad. Yes, this is only legal if the gun is unloaded.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Mr Odd Six wrote:Open carry is legal EXCEPT Seattle City limits. Back in the 70s, I did just that. Rode with an AR on my back, on a motorcycle.
No one ever bothered me. Except a cute gal in a tank top and short-shorts who hitched a ride. Thats a whole other story in its self.
Today you may get shot down like a dog in the street. Cops harass gun owners.

That's the only way I carry when I go to Seattle. As MadPick said, perfectly legal.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:09 pm

MadPick wrote:

The state says its legal, but in Seattle you will get gunned down like a dog in the street.
Here Olympia they ask you for ID then gun you down.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Mr Odd Six wrote:
MadPick wrote:

The state says its legal, but in Seattle you will get gunned down like a dog in the street.

Not true. I have been there plenty of times and often while someone was OCing a long gun.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Mr Odd Six wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Do you have any proof for this at all or are you just making shit up. OC'd for years in Seattle.

As for Olympia, I literally am the reason the OPD have training and procedures on open carry and how to deal with OC'rs. It boils down to "don't bother them unless they are doing stupid things".

And been OCing in Oly for years as well. OC'd in every major urban center of this state for years. Lots of people have. Nobody gunned down.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 pm

SBR in a ukulele case. It's what I do.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:27 pm

Mr Odd Six wrote:The state says its legal, but in Seattle you will get gunned down like a dog in the street.

All right, all facts aside . . . that's some funny shit. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:52 pm

There is a brave soul that walks around downtown Oly open carrying a M92 and body armor in case a cop gets trigger happy.
The OPD has been told public safety over rides your civil rights. You are a treat, they deal with you, and the judges back up this tyranny.
In commiefornia they can shoot you for wearing body armor, so we are not that bad, yet.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm just going to assume at this point unless you can back up your outlandish claims with certifiable facts that they are just that. Outlandish claims.

Too many people here with real first hand experience doing what you claim is impossible. Myself included. Sorry.

Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

kf7mjf wrote:
Mr Odd Six wrote:
MadPick wrote:

Do you have any proof for this at all or are you just making shit up. OC'd for years in Seattle.

And been OCing in Oly for years as well. OC'd in every major urban center of this state for years. Lots of people have. Nobody gunned down.

Do you have advice on OC in Seattle? I saw a thread in a work forum and this woman said she would call the police if she saw someone with a gun. Some dared to ask the qualification, that was she doing that when the person was doing nothing wrong and holstered. She confirmed yes.

Why do you open carry? I'm not saying you shouldn't, I would like to too, but in reality it would be more to make a statement or if I'm too lazy when I need to walk the dog late at night to put on an IWB.
Post a reply