Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:55 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Guns on a boat. 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you really want to get your brain hurting, look into guns on a boat.
International laws kick in, then state laws. It's insane.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig-agr ... 48704.html

Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:16 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

who want to be a dumbass and go to mexico or cuba with a gun??? isnt any worst than hunting near the canadian border you better know where your line is, safer to be more than 2 miles from it so you don't get hassled.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:34 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

cmica wrote:
isnt any worst than hunting near the canadian border you better know where your line is

Cmica will be back in three weeks. :angryfire:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
cmica wrote:
isnt any worst than hunting near the canadian border you better know where your line is

Damn... The head honcho is feeling feisty tonight. :rofl9:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:10 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
cmica wrote:

Damn... The head honcho is feeling feisty tonight. :rofl9:

What's the inside joke?

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

oh shit I opened a can of worms :peep:

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was stationed in upper penn Michigan we were doing an AOR run and came into an area where the channel gets fairly narrow and there's a shit ton of little islands out there. Was in the middle of duck season and we would routinely help out the dfw. We passed through and saw a hunting boat in an area that was known to us as private property and no hunting was allowed(they routinely called in people who would boat in and try and camp in their property, generally the "offenders" were Canadian). We passed on by and radio'd back to the base and had them contact the land owner to let them know and asked if they wanted us to go in and talk to the hunters if they weren't supposed to be there. And we continued on our course. 20 or 30 minutes later we got a radio call back confirming that the hunters needed to vacate the property. So we doubled back and and went and talked to them. Decent enough guys from down in the lower part of the state, who profusely apologized saying that they had gotten there before dawn and hadn't seen the sign floating near the edge of the little cove they were in. They pulled anchor and moved off. We turned back around, and continued our run down to De Tour Village. And refilled our tanks and began our return trip. We get back to the same area as the hunters had been... over on the Canadian aid of the river... the Mounties had the hunting boat detained. We pulled up and tied up to the Canadian vessel and they had the 4 hunters detained and going through all their belongings on the vessel. Poor guys ended up getting nailed on some firearms charges, illegal hunting and a couple other ones I can't remember(one may have been illegal entry into Canada?). I do remember my Chief and the mounty in charge getting into it though. The guys hadn't even shot any ducks and the Chief was trying to get them to just let the guys go with a warning and a stern lecture about knowing where the fuck Canada was(which if not familiar with which islands are which it doesn't take much to end up in Canadian or US waters on accident). The Mounties didn't much like the Chief trying to talk them out of "doing their job".

Lesson from that outing was... stay the fuck out of Canadian waters... especially with guns if not acting on military or law enforcement operations.

I was never a big fan of the Canadian police. We would do operations with them on a fairly regular basis on various islands in the area, and they would always try and run the show, even when stuff was going down in our water or shore. But they did have some cool gadgets and such that we got to use a few times.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:54 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

MadPick wrote:
cmica wrote:

Oh come on, it's not like he insinuated that you were irresponsible enough to leave a pistol on the bumper of a truck and drive 100 miles until someone was nice enough to flag you over to point it out. :peep:

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pirates.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With GPS so common today I find it difficult to believe someone would just wander into Canadian territory by accident.

I used to boat a lot in the San Juan Islands and everyone I knew damn well knew where US waters ended and Canadian waters began. Almost as if there was a line painted on the water. All kinds of landmarks that one could see to let them know where they were.

Today it's just a matter of watching the screen. On land I guess it's just a matter of whether or no one wants to buy a "Garmin" or pay the fines for wandering into a different country when hunting near the border.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:37 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

deadshot2 wrote:
With GPS so common today I find it difficult to believe someone would just wander into Canadian territory by accident.

I used to boat a lot in the San Juan Islands and everyone I knew damn well knew where US waters ended and Canadian waters began. Almost as if there was a line painted on the water. All kinds of landmarks that one could see to let them know where they were.

Today it's just a matter of watching the screen. On land I guess it's just a matter of whether or no one wants to buy a "Garmin" or pay the fines for wandering into a different country when hunting near the border.

They didn't have an on board gps. It was like a little Boston whaler type duck hunting boat. And not everyone is too bright. I didn't see a hand held, but wasn't looking for one either. Shit happens, they very well may have known they were in Canadian waters. If so the juice on that fruit wasn't worth the squeeze. Lol. Then again... we know someone who ended up in Canada on one of the only roads running north and south into the boarder in that area... with a gun on the tailgate and more guns and suppressors in the vehicle... shit happens lol

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:52 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Soldier_Citizen wrote:
<snip>
we know someone who ended up in Canada on one of the only roads running north and south into the boarder in that area... with a gun on the tailgate and more guns and suppressors in the vehicle... shit happens lol

Do tell ... Sounds hilarious!

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Growing up my Dad said you want a gun on board, if you are fishing for halibut. So there's that.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Same here for salmon fishing. Dad kept a rifle on board to shoot seals. Used to be a bounty for seals.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PMB wrote:
Soldier_Citizen wrote:
<snip>
we know someone who ended up in Canada on one of the only roads running north and south into the boarder in that area... with a gun on the tailgate and more guns and suppressors in the vehicle... shit happens lol

Do tell ... Sounds hilarious!

Yes, hilarious ... in hindsight.
viewtopic.php?p=702975#p702975

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next