Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:52 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Five gun reform laws that Mr Trump can act quickly upon 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Five Fast Gun Reforms President Trump Will Sign Into Law

http://flip.it/hS.kV_

Here are five fast gun law reforms President Trump and his Republican House and Senate can make.

Ending Gun-Free Zones On Military Bases
President Trump will have the authority to executive authority to pass an executive order allowing the United States military to carry firearms on duty. Our domestic military bases and facilities have been the site of numerous terror attacks and mass shootings. Trump can reverse that with the stroke of a pen. He would also apparently have the authority to end firearm bans on other federal property, but there are so many laws and regulations that I don’t want to make that claim prematurely.

National Concealed Carry Reciprocity
There is significant momentum towards establishing national concealed carry reciprocity in all 50 states. President Trump, working with a Republican-controlled House and Senate, should be able to get this passed into law within the first 90 days. There are four different bills to choose from in the House and Senate.

Legalizing Silencers
Making a hearing safety device criminal was one of the dumbest things ever done under the Administration of Franklin D. Roosevelt… and that’s saying a lot. The Hearing Protection Act is already written and has co-sponsors. It should be passed within the first 60 days of President Trump’s administration, which is a blessing to high-volume shooters such as myself who would like to better protect our hearing.

NICS Background Check Reform
Gun control supporters want a “universal” background checks on all gun purchases in order to create a de facto gun registry… and that’s just not going to happen. What is going to happen is that President Trump, the House, and Senate are going to work on legislation to close the gaping holes in the existing background check system so that it is more effective, ensuring better and more accurate updating of prohibited persons. This will likely run in conjunction with mental health reform to both help people in crisis obtain the help they need, and ensure that fears of losing their Second Amendment rights won’t keep people from seeking help for a temporary but important mental health crisis.

Allow Importation of Collectable Historical Firearms
President Obama has stymied the importation of historically significant firearms provided to allies after the Second World War and the Korean War through executive orders. The Collectible Firearms Protection Act will allow the reimportation of hundreds of thousand of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, and M1911 pistols.
These are five laws that a Republican Congress and President Trump can pass within the first 90-180 days, but they are not the only laws being considered.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

delliottg wrote:
<snip>
These are five laws that a Republican Congress and President Trump can pass within the first 90-180 days, but they are not the only laws being considered.

Keep going... Keep on rolling the Controllist agenda into historical footnotes. :cheers2:

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:35 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think he covered some of this in his 2nd Amendment statement yesterday.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:39 am

If Trump clubs some sensible legislation into existence he'll be a good, even great president. I don't have that much confidence in him, but a Republican controlled house/senate should provide some guidance.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:08 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can pray but I don't see most of it happening

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:03 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Bring on the Carbines! :pray:

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Trump owes the NRA and gun owners now, big time.

The cited post is his 100 day ambition. I expect to see much deeper gun protections enacted, and gun control repealed. I am so ********* excited. A dream come true.

Now he has a gun friendly majority in Senate, House, judicial appointments across the nation, and the SCOTUS majority. Might be a wide majority if likely seats open.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:51 am

I would very much like to see the incoming administration address the abuses perpetrated against gun owners by the Social Security Admin and the VA. Especially the VA.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:51 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is this what you would like to see? Or is this something he or somebody in his circle has said is on the agenda?

It would also be nice if we could start importing SKS's again.

He who does not punish evil commands it to be done. --- Leonardo DaVinci

When its time to go in:
That place of steel and stone. I pray that you will keep me safe, so I will not walk alone. Help me to do my duty, please watch me on my rounds.
Amongst those perilous places and slamming steel door sounds. God, keep my fellow Officers well and free from harm. Let them know I'll be there too, whenever there's alarm.
Above all when I walk my beat, no matter where I roam. Let me go back whence I came, to family and home

Author unknown.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:30 am

Just what I would like to see. I did hear of a bill some time back to address the VA problem. At that time of course Obummer would have vetoed it. Now maybe it will gain traction. Nothing burns my shorts more that seeing vets have their gun rights taken away just because they have someone else assisting them with their finances. :frust:

On a positive note, if import restrictions were eased under Trump we could be seeing a new golden age of firearms collecting. Ya buddy ! :cheers2:

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:26 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The reciprocity will be a hot issue with the states. And are we to accept the lowest common denominator restrictions of each state (eg mag capacity etc)?

This is just impractical, the way states have already made a ton of laws. There are age differences where concealed carry licenses are issued, and many states that are may issue. Should the federal government have the power to override the law of a state?

Let's say my permit is now good in CA, but the people who live in CA can't get a permit without a "good reason"..... doesn't make sense.
So it means overturning "may issue" in every state. I don't see that happening.

On the NICS improvements: it would be great to see some specifics here.... just saying making it "better" sounds like more Trump-isms.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
The reciprocity will be a hot issue with the states. And are we to accept the lowest common denominator restrictions of each state (eg mag capacity etc)?

This is just impractical, the way states have already made a ton of laws. There are age differences where concealed carry licenses are issued, and many states that are may issue. Should the federal government have the power to override the law of a state?

Let's say my permit is now good in CA, but the people who live in CA can't get a permit without a "good reason"..... doesn't make sense.

On the NICS improvements: it would be great to see some specifics here.... just saying making it "better" sounds like more Trump-isms.

By that reasoning, your drivers license is no good in Califucknia. Congress made a law requiring every state accept other states driver licenses. Congress can fix this problem.

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:56 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pablo wrote:
I think he covered some of this in his 2nd Amendment statement yesterday.

HuH?? What he say?

Link?

From a blog: Political Correctness - the belief that one can pick up a turd by the clean end.

Benjamin Franklin: It is the (civic) responsibility of every citizen to question authority.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
The reciprocity will be a hot issue with the states.
. . .
Should the federal government have the power to override the law of a state?

If the feds have the constitutional authority, then yes, of course. All of the federal constitutional amendments override state laws that violate them, do they not? I think the 2A is clearly intended to restrict government at all levels from infringing upon the Peoples' right to keep and bear arms. I can't imagine the Founders intended anything different. The 2A should be the justification for repealing carry permit requirements in the same way that the other amendments forbid the States from violating rights of free speech, religion, due process, etc.

ANZAC wrote:
This is just impractical, the way states have already made a ton of laws.

And this will be the reason that nationwide concealed carry reciprocity will fail; it will try to preserve some state carry laws, and the result will be a legal nightmare. The real answer is not reciprocity, but rather nationwide constitutional carry. In other words, the feds need to use the 2A to strike down all state laws requiring permits to carry. Anything less than that will simply not work. But, more importantly, anything less than that is a constitutional infringement.

ANZAC wrote:
I don't see that happening.

Unfortunately, neither do I. But if there was ever a chance of it happening, it will be in Trump's first 2 years after he makes his first SCOTUS appointment.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
ANZAC wrote:

By that reasoning, your drivers license is no good in Califucknia. Congress made a law requiring every state accept other states driver licenses. Congress can fix this problem.

There were no substantive differences between state driving laws, licenses were issued to anyone who could pass a test.
There were no situations where an out of state resident could be licensed to drive where an in-state resident would be prohibited from obtaining a license.

Some states have pretty severe carry/firearm restrictions.

How do you propose they address the inequity, that a out of state CPL would be ok, but someone in state is subject to may-issue laws?
The only possible fair solution would be to roll back may-issue as part of the same change, which I am sure a lot of states would take very strong objection to.

Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next