Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post I-594 bummer 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

golddigger14s wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
What time did you go to the dealer? I have a theory that BGC's after end of the day east coast time always get delayed if there's even the smallest thing for them to look at.

Don't think the time matters. Cabelas sells up to 9 pm (12 am EST).

Definitely saw "Cabelas sells up to 9 mm" :D
ppsh41 wrote:
The new NICS system is a joke.

Joke's over, give me my guns!

Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Last two pistols I bought were also "delayed", the next day they were approved 2 weeks apart too... Kinda happy I didn't go all the way to seattle to buy a used pistol and just to the local gun store....

Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:37 pm

End of this tale: I was "allowed" to take possession of the pistol a couple of days later. The service I received from the dealer was as good as it could be given the current state of oppression. So I guess I should feel fortunate. Like maybe my cattle car to Birkenau was delayed...

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:05 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

politegunsel wrote:
End of this tale: I was "allowed" to take possession of the pistol a couple of days later. The service I received from the dealer was as good as it could be given the current state of oppression. So I guess I should feel fortunate. Like maybe my cattle car to Birkenau was delayed...

Keep fighting infringements good sir. :patriot:

I think of the episode "Remember" in the "World at War" series. We shouldn't shrug our shoulders and peacefully accept that paid passage to Birkenau.

Rage, Rage, against the dying of the light.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:08 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On a brighter note, I5 guns in Lacey does offer a free transfer day on Sundays once a month. Give them a call for an exact date.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I learned a delay on picking up a gun is the same as being rounded up by the SS for slave labor and execution.

Is the delay unpleasant? Yes. Infuriating. Yes. And infringement on a right? Yes. (ish. Almost certainly even a conservative court would allow a delay in limited circumstances). But can it even be compared to the Holocaust? Hardly. This desire to equate everything to being equal to, or leading to a repeat of Nazi Germany quite frankly is silly and makes gun owners look out of touch and paranoid.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:13 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

kf7mjf wrote:
Today I learned a delay on picking up a gun is the same as being rounded up by the SS for slave labor and execution.

Is the delay unpleasant? Yes. Infuriating. Yes. And infringement on a right? Yes. (ish. Almost certainly even a conservative court would allow a delay in limited circumstances). But can it even be compared to the Holocaust? Hardly. This desire to equate everything to being equal to, or leading to a repeat of Nazi Germany quite frankly is silly and makes gun owners look out of touch and paranoid.

WHAT?! You don't use hyperbole for effect sometimes?! :bigsmile:

I am concerned for the condition in which I hand the USA over to my children and grandchildren...
I understand that some will consider me a nutter for agreeing with PoliteGunsel ... So be it. :thumbsup2:

Liberty can be lost in just this way... Baby steps. Death by 1000 cuts.

I will remain opposed to any government deciding who gets to have guns and when they get them. Life is dangerous... So be it.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:34 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is hyperbole and there is absurdity. The knee jerk to crouch things in terms of Nazi Germany and the Holocaust is along the lines of the latter, even though several generations of gun owners have been programmed with those lines.

I think the long delay is something to be concerned about, and the 9th Circuit has already come down on long delays and waiting periods. It will be death by a thousand papercuts unless you start fighting. Too many people want big sweeping reform, and don't fight shit like this. If 594 is putting an excessively long wait on a transfer, sue over the longer than federal standard waiting period. Nobody does though, and so it never gets challenged.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:42 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

Is the Nazi reminder overused? Maybe... Or it might be underused.
I think there have been plenty of reminders of Nationalism around the world in the last few decades.

Took me some time to find the snippet I was thinking of...
Go to 30:30 .... until about 32:30 . (Although the whole thing should be required in schools.)

Those aren't Slavs... Or Russians... Or some other group. They are humans. When I see that "splitting of the herd" I think to all of the unimaginable atrocities inflicted on unarmed men and women recently.
That these videos are in black and white makes them appear way back in the old days.
Not so. The world was bright full technicolor to those completely crushed families... being separated forever, unto death. See the women, girls, children - looking back at their sons husbands fathers lovers... Being separated from them forever on someone's orders.

It's amazing to me how very recently WWII occurred. I still know 2 people who fought in it! Who held rifles in their hands and aimed them at Nazis! That's really amazing to me. (I haven't seen either of them since I came back from MT... I had better make sure.)
I grew up thinking it was such ancient history... Nazism, fascism, communism- They are alive and well in the humans. By Nazism I mean Nationalism.

Horrors lie just under the thin veneer of our civil society, friend.

Maybe "Arbeit Macht Frei" feels closer to reality lately for a lot of us.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

mcyclonegt wrote:
On a brighter note, I5 guns in Lacey does offer a free transfer day on Sundays once a month. Give them a call for an exact date.

It's always the 2nd Sunday, for 2nd Amendment Sunday.

Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
mcyclonegt wrote:

It's always the 2nd Sunday, for 2nd Amendment Sunday.

Breakfast Day!!! :thumbsup2:

Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:05 pm

From 10am to 1pm.

As to some people never getting a delay in 45 years and now all of a sudden you do... it could be that there is someone with the same or very similar name and even date of birth who decided to commit a crime.

The delays at the end of the day sort of make sense when you consider the time difference. It could be during shift change, or it could be when the evening shift takes over and there might be less of them. Just guessing though.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2