Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:39 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 WA SBR Bill 1561 

I checked on line and it shows nothing has been done since jan 30 First reading, referred to Judiciary.

Does the lack of action mean it is dead?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:07 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Last edited by CQBgopher on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dan360 wrote:
The education part is what will take the time and right now everyone is talked about "gun control", not "allow more guns"...

Right. I think we had a good chance four months ago, but now....mmm not so much. We'll see, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm

The SBR bill is dead for this session. It will be automatically re-introduced in the 2014 sesssion with the same bill number.

I just got off the phone with Representative Pedersen's aide. The current excuse for not giving the SBR bill a hearing in the Judiciary Committee may be lack of committee member support. It seems that bipartisan legislative support and neutral and supporting positions by the state's police is not enough like it was for the silencer bill back in 2011.

I think lack of committee support is BS. Goodman (D), Hope (R), Kirby (D), Klippert (R), Nealey (R), Roberts (D) and Shea (R) are HB 1561 co-sponsors as well as House Judiciary Committee members. If you write, ask them what is going on in committee. When seven of thirteen committee members are co-sponsors, it should have enough support in committee.

Here are the house Judiciary Committee members; Judiciary Members There are six Republicans and seven Democrats, but this does not matter as the SBR bill is not a Republican bill. We need people to write to these committee members to ask if they will support the bill if it is scheduled for a hearing next session. If they say they will support the bill, post their reply here. If they are against it keep writing until they tell you exactly why. Chances are if they are against SBR's it is for some irrational reason; educating them on gun ownership may turn them from anti to pro.

If anyone has a district Representative on the committee, please ask them to co-sponsor it (if they are not already doing so) or at least bring it to the attention of the chairman.

Randy

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3