Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Forum rules

Nothing contained in this section shall be construed as legal advice. All members and guests are advised to perform due diligence in regards to laws and legal actions.

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 H.R. 367 -- Hearing Protection Act -- Suppressors Off NFA 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sreyemj wrote:
TINCANBANDIT wrote:
Just think of how Suppressors have advanced in the last few years, now multiply that x 1000 as machinists and back yard gunsmiths will be free to experiment with different ideas and designs.

Just think of all the home threading jobs and baffle strikes.

Freedom is dangerous.

Spoiler: show
"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important. They don't mean to do harm -- but the harm does not interest them. Or they do not see it, or they justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves." – T.S. Eliot

"The right of self defence is the first law of nature: in most governments it has been the study of rulers to confine this right within the narrowest limits possible. Wherever standing armies are kept up, and the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any colour or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction." - St. George Tucker

A careful definition of words would destroy half the agenda of the political left and scrutinizing evidence would destroy the other half. - Thomas Sowell

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow...

For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding." - Jeff Snyder

Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys. It realizes the ancient dream of the Jovian thunderbolt, and as such it is the embodiment of personal power. For this reason it exercises a curious influence over the minds of most men, and in its best examples it constitutes an object of affection unmatched by any other inanimate object.

Jeff Cooper
1997 The Art of the Rifle Page 1.

SUGGEST CASE BE SUBMITTED ON APPELLANT'S BRIEF. UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MONEY FROM CLIENTS TO BE PRESENT & ARGUE BRIEF.

The defense attorney's telegram to the clerk of the Supreme Court, March 29, 1939, in re United States. v. Miller.

You don't need to go to Law School to understand the constitutional implications of that.

“You can’t cut the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve.”
cityslicker wrote:
I don't want to be told that I can't remove the tree by some tree-hugging pole smoker from the eat-a-dick foundation/Olympia/King County.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

danoh wrote:
As most already knows......... Writing to our Senators is a total waste of time.

I have written to them, as well as Denny Heck.... At least his letter gives me the impression that if enough of you all write him, he MIGHT change his position.

The Senator's reply letter just made me want to puke, and indicates to me, that they will never change.

^it's a crying shame, ain't it Danoh

"When a government becomes powerful it is destructive, extravagant and violent; it is an usurer which takes bread from innocent mouths and deprives honorable men of their substance, for votes with which to perpetuate itself."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

SAF, GOA Member

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:10 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Can someone who understands the process better than I explain to me why it would be referred to this committee?

"02/06/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.
Action By: House Judiciary "

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Can someone who understands the process better than I explain to me why it would be referred to this committee?

"02/06/2017 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations.

It's because the legislation in question deals with changes to criminal code, which is part of that Subcommittee's jurisdiction.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:40 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Guns4Liberty wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

It's because the legislation in question deals with changes to criminal code, which is part of that Subcommittee's jurisdiction.

Gotcha, thanks bud :cheers2:

Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:45 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

any one know whats going on with it? been almost 6 months

Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -tomorrow/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -shooting/

The Right to Buy Weapons Is the Right to Be Free

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Isildur wrote:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/06/chris-heuss/breaking-hearing-protection-act-provisions-added-to-larger-natural-resources-bill-hearing-tomorrow/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -shooting/

yep read the first one some where this morn., the sec one :blackcloud1: :frust: :cussing:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4