Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Oregon CPL renewal/application Carpool

Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:20 am

Well folks, mine is about to lapse and this Saturday they are having a first come, first serve day. Looks like this will be my only chance. Anyone want to carpool? It will be at the Columbia County Sheriff's Office. Get down there bright and early, back as early as possible.

Re: Oregon CPL renewal/application Carpool

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:28 pm

I just got mine renewed at the beginning of the month. I got mine from Sheriff Palmer in Grant County so I rode down, spent the night and rode home the next day. Great bike roads in eastern Oregon.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm

You will likely see me there. Mine also expires the end of the month.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Either get there right at 9am when the line starts to form (doors open at 10am), or get there at noon when they've worked through everyone who showed up in the morning and the line is gone. Don't bother showing up anywhere in between unless you really dig standing in line in whatever weather happens to be going on that day.

Side note: Dogs are welcome in line (which is outside) and in the building. That matters most when it's hot as fuck on the day you go down there and there's no way you're leaving your dog in the car.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:29 pm

It's been a few years but when I got my first Oregon one I also went on a Saturday morning. It was dead as a door nail.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Soldier_Citizen wrote:It's been a few years but when I got my first Oregon one I also went on a Saturday morning. It was dead as a door nail.

That's no longer the case, or at least it wasn't as of a couple of months ago. The staff working the Saturday shift when we were there said that day was typical -- it was packed, the line went from the front door all the way down to the end of the sidewalk and around the bend toward the back lot where employees park. It seemed to be a pretty close split between WA and OR residents, just based on who raised their hands when the person running the show asked where everyone was from so they could confirm they had brought the right paperwork with them.

There was some nice chatting in line and everyone working with the sheriff's office was very pleasant. All in all, not a bad day. It was just a much longer wait than I expected to get everything done.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:12 pm

If my buddy is coming, I'll be leaving at 5am, be there by 9. If he doesnt, 4am, be there by 9 regardless. Talked to the gal on the phone and she said bring cash, have a special table set up for out of state renewals, in and out very quickly she said.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Let us know how it goes, Kyle. I'll be making the same trip in about a year.

Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:09 pm

MadPick wrote:Let us know how it goes, Kyle. I'll be making the same trip in about a year.

When u do let me know :bigsmile: sametime

Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:27 am

cmica wrote:
MadPick wrote:Let us know how it goes, Kyle. I'll be making the same trip in about a year.

When u do let me know :bigsmile: sametime

Same. 5/2018

Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 am

Im here, in line. About 8th in line.

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 am

Yup. Probably shoulda been here earlier. Lol

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:46 am

Jagerbomber35 wrote:Im here, in line. About 8th in line.

Yea I'm probably 40th lol.
Post a reply