Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 road rage incident 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
My wife told me that once she and her dad were getting chased down by a road rage guy. They pulled over and waited for the guy to get almost all the way to their car. Then sped away and got off at the next exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done this too. One caveat is you need to make sure you CAN get away...........

Some people are just pissed because they think/know their car is faster and you are in front of them. I kid you not. Others are born mental.

The public. Half of them have an IQ under the median.

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:48 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My horn doesn't work on two of my rigs, one off the other two has a very comical sounding horn... needles to say in that situation I usually do nothing if I'm not directly behind the offender, otherwise a quick rev.

Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:06 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

It is amazing the differences between cultures... A honk seems to mean "G'morning" to some people and "YOU F*&%ING SHI* STAIN IMMA GONNA SMASH YOUR CAR OFF THE ROAD AND KILL YOU AND CHASE YOUR FAMILy DOWN TO THE 3RD COUSIN ON YOUR FAMILY TREE AND BURN 'EM ALIVE"

In Mexico a honk can mean anything ... "I'm going to change lanes", "Howdy", "Hurry up" and the reply "I'm going fast enough thanks"...
I never saw a road rage incident for a honk while in Central and South America and the honking is like a cacophony all day and night in some cities. Lima Peru - insane! My first night in Lima I actually laughed out loud at 4AM when I realized that it doesn't stop.
In Mexico it didn't seem to matter how long the honk was. If I was a passenger I could gauge the demeanor of the honker - no problem man, just honking.

It seems like people in the USA-West are particularly sensitive about horns. If I need to let someone know that a light turned green I give 'em some time, like several seconds before I give the smallest "beep" that I can squeak out of the beast, then try to give a smile or friendly gesture to make sure the intent is recognized as non-hostile.

I think Pablo got it spot on. Some people are just wired wrong.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:17 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This guy makes sense.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:51 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

^ want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:18 am
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

AR15L wrote:
This guy makes sense.

Funny... He plugged one of my favorite books.
Attachment:
20170702_080536.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:24 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Just the other day (Wednesday), I almost got side-swiped by an Asian driver coming off the freeway. Dumbass just decides she's going to merge, with no blinker, and without looking at all (I could see her, she didn't even glance at her mirror, much less check her blind spot). I honk and end up having to veer into the turn lane, almost into oncoming traffic, to avoid a collision. She then proceeds to shake her fist at me and start screaming at me in another language (might have been Mandarin? Not sure). And then ends up next to me at the light, where she proceeds to scream and fist-shake some more, then makes like she's going to swerve into me when the light goes green. Dafuq, bitch? You almost hit me and somehow I'm the asshole!?

Now, my 'baseball bat' therapy doesn't seem so out of place, does it? lol.

Thomas Paine wrote:
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Had a guy chase me down I-5 for 20 miles. It got real odd. I took an exit and pulled over and watched my mirror. He got out and was walking toward my car empty handed. I got out with a long handled hatchet in my hand and a Glock 26 in my belt. He got back in quickly and left. Never did find out what his issue was.

Had a guy follow the wife on her way home from work. She called me, upset, not knowing what to do. I told her to continue on home, but turn 4 blocks short, into an area I was familiar with. I waited there for her. Saw her come around the corner with the guy still following her. I stepped out from behind a tree with a scoped S&W 500 wheelgun aimed right at him. His eyes got pretty big, and he tore the hell outta there.

I seriously think society has gone off the deep end.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:48 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Captain90s wrote:
Just the other day (Wednesday), I almost got side-swiped by an Asian driver coming off the freeway. Dumbass just decides she's going to merge, with no blinker, and without looking at all (I could see her, she didn't even glance at her mirror, much less check her blind spot). I honk and end up having to veer into the turn lane, almost into oncoming traffic, to avoid a collision. She then proceeds to shake her fist at me and start screaming at me in another language (might have been Mandarin? Not sure). And then ends up next to me at the light, where she proceeds to scream and fist-shake some more, then makes like she's going to swerve into me when the light goes green. Dafuq, bitch? You almost hit me and somehow I'm the asshole!?

You should have got out and punched her right in the Tit.

J/K....On the rare occasion someone does something like that to me, I point at them and laugh, it usually makes them completely lose it.

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Reading this made me want to comment. Back around 1965 our family was driving down highway 18 near Federal Way and my dad and some guy got into it on the road. I don't remember the exact circumstance, but I do recall this guy instigated it. I remember this guy flipping off my dad and motioning to pull off the road....which they did. The guy pulled off in front of us and I'll never forget my dad getting out and going up to this guy's car, reaching into his open driver side window, grabbing him up by his collar pulling him part way out the window and rabbit punching him until the guy went limp. My dad then tossed him back into the car and told his wife to take him home and get him off the road.
Good times. :bringit:

Μολὼν λαβέ

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly. Also, please forgive my spelling or grammatical errors. If my post doesn't make sense or is not amusing, it's technology's fault and most certainly not operator ɹoɹɹǝ. Thank You

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since we're sharing stories...
While stationed in Japan I was driving back to the base for something.
I was being followed by a full size dump truck, (think Mack 12 yard box).
He was so close I could not see his license plate. This is while going 35~45k.
Ahead was a stop light just turning red. Oh... evil plan is forming in my head.
I stop, he stops. I get out and run back to him pulling his door open and in one short move I turned off his truck and then jerked the keys out of the ignition and threw them over the top of a house next to the road.
I ran back to my car and motored off. :bigsmile:

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2