Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 My first PoPo pull over while CC 

You know the opposite side of this conversation is:

1)person gets stopped for violations on the road, 2) During conversation with officer they admit to a concealed pistol holder, 3) pistol stays inside car or on the violator and officer asks and confirm WA ID and CPL and then runs a drivers check at the door 4) Talk guns for a few minutes, 5) Officer gives a verbal warning because they talked with a cool cat, 6) Officer provides verbal warning and asks the driver not do the silly crap said officer witnessed, 7)You have any questions for me? No, well thanks for the conversation and drive safe. :thumbsup2:

Just sayin......

I get what you guys are saying and I'm not trying to be a turd but I see this debate so often it makes me chuckle.

Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The thing is I've never seen that scenario play out. Not once have I ever offered up that I was carrying and had the officer allow me to retain the pistol throughout the encounter. Sure they were perfectly professional and friendly, plus didn't give me a ticket, but that doesn't change the fact there was a lot of unnecessary weapons handling going on...

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:10 am

I don't have a problem with Cops, per se.... it's Cops with the stormtrooper attitudes I don't like. Intimidation is a tactic in their toolbox, to find out if you're going to stand up for your Rights, or be another sheeple. There's no need to be rude, or a smart-ass, but you can still firmly assert your RIGHTS. If you don't know your Rights, the Police will be more than happy to trample all over them.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, there's no reason to be pulled over. Easy fix... put your plate where the law says it is supposed to be on the vehicle.

If I do not have to inform the officer by law, I won't. I wouldn't have popped the trunk , that's a free giveaway of your 4th amendment rights. But then again, so is volunteering your CPL, if you do not have to. The YouTube video "Don't Talk To The Police" is very informative, as well there are a few others, which give a guideline how to be firm in your Rights, without being confrontational. It takes a bit of time to become at ease asserting your Rights, but if you don't do it for yourself... who else is going to?

Just remember, "Don't Tase Me Bro!" isn't a phrase respected by the Police.

The same Government that considers the Founding Fathers 'Terrorists, is the same Government the Founding Fathers warned us against…

MEMBER; NRA, SAF, GOA, Lewis County Oath Keepers,

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I heard a saying from OCDO.

"I'm not anti-cop. I'm Pro-Citizen."

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4