Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Where to apply for nonresident CPL in Seattle area? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On an unrelated note, the Admiral District is a great part of town (it's where I grew up). Be sure to check out Luna Park Cafe (on the east side of the peninsula tucked under the West Seattle Bridge), and Schmitz Park (old-growth forest park on the west side of the peninsula along Admiral Way). Hope your son enjoys living there.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:46 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for all the tips. Ended up going to the King County Sheriff's Dept in the courthouse, which looked like the closest to get to. That was technically true, except for what turned out to be a dead stop traffic jam getting across the SW bridge followed by a dead stop traffic jam going north into downtown. When we finally got into the appropriate office (the closest one to the metal detectors, as it turned out) it only took about a half hour for both my wife and me, and would have been faster if the electronic fingerprint machine had been willing to read my wife's hands - they ended up doing hers with ink. So we should have nonresident permits in 60 days, well before our next trip (which will have to be after next April 15 - I do tax returns for a CPA firm during the season.)

And special thanks to Captain90s for the tip on the Luna Park Cafe. My son's new house is just off Admiral Way where it turns west after going up the hill from the bridge, so the restaurant was just down the road. Getting a terrific breakfast outdoors at 1PM was delightful (everybody else had sandwiches.) We spent about half our (my) time doing a gut/rehab of the wet side of his ancient kitchen with new cabinets, counter top, sink, dishwasher and garbage disposal (several trips to Ikea, and many trips to Home Depot to upgrade his apartment-level tool box to homeowner-level) and so didn't get to Schmitz Park. But on Monday, when both son and daughter in law were back at work, my wife and I did do a leisurely stroll along California Avenue, which included ice cream at the Husky Deli. All in all, a wonderful trip to a very enjoyable place. We're looking forward to the next trip.

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

wrangler5 wrote:
And special thanks to Captain90s for the tip on the Luna Park Cafe. My son's new house is just off Admiral Way where it turns west after going up the hill from the bridge, so the restaurant was just down the road. Getting a terrific breakfast outdoors at 1PM was delightful (everybody else had sandwiches.) We spent about half our (my) time doing a gut/rehab of the wet side of his ancient kitchen with new cabinets, counter top, sink, dishwasher and garbage disposal (several trips to Ikea, and many trips to Home Depot to upgrade his apartment-level tool box to homeowner-level) and so didn't get to Schmitz Park. But on Monday, when both son and daughter in law were back at work, my wife and I did do a leisurely stroll along California Avenue, which included ice cream at the Husky Deli. All in all, a wonderful trip to a very enjoyable place. We're looking forward to the next trip.

West Seattle is full of hidden gems. Glad you enjoyed Luna, that's one of my favorite places to grub in the world. Definitely check out Schmitz next time. Your son lives just a dozen or so blocks from my parents.

I am free because I say I am. My freedom is not dependent on any government benefit or piece of legislation. My rights are inherent in the fact that I was born a sovereign being. They are non-negotiable. The government can list them and protect them, but my rights are not theirs to give away.

Yolo: Because idiots don't know what "carpe diem" means.

What, do you think I`m an amateur? You think this is Amateur hour? I`m covered in broken glass and hatred. You think someone would want to anger that with a Vz? - Fjordforder

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2