Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Where can I get open carry laws on a business card? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
What if it was an app on your phone? Something you could point them to to download for themselves? Of course, this presumes both of you have a smart phone, but the app could be written.

"Scan this QR code to learn more about gun rights in WA!"

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:58 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The pamphlets that Dan linked earlier have worked great for many many years. I've handed out thousands. I usually have a couple in my pocket and many more in my Jeep.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

ANZAC wrote:
delliottg wrote:
What if it was an app on your phone? Something you could point them to to download for themselves? Of course, this presumes both of you have a smart phone, but the app could be written.

Exactly. If there's interest, I can write the app.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

delliottg wrote:
ANZAC wrote:
delliottg wrote:

Exactly. If there's interest, I can write the app.

I did a search on Googles Play Store and found quite a few but they all want $$$! :angryfire:

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You need an app to scan QR codes, but a lot of people already have an app.

You can make a QR code that just points to a web site address.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:18 am

The "basics" can get you in trouble you go flashing g them in someone's face. Many LEO aren't even up to snuff with the basics let alone the complete statute.

U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our 2nd Ammendment

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:00 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I actually wasn't thinking about negative encounters at all for that kinda thing. But yes if you're flashing something like that in someones face that makes it sound like you are being an aggressor. I haven't had any negative experiences yet so I can't say how they will go but I kinda feel like most people that don't like what they see will not be confrontational and if they are they are looking for a reaction.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

From opencarry.org:

"Where can I carry in Washington ?Washington State follows British legal tradition, which states that anything that is not proscribed as unlawful is lawful. So the real question is; where can you NOT carry in Washington ? There are four main state statutes that one must be cognizant of: RCW 9.41.050 (Carrying Firearms), RCW 9.41.280 (Carry on School Grounds),RCW 9.41.300 (Weapons Prohibited in Certain Places), and RCW 70.108.150 (Firearms in Outdoor Music Festivals). It is your responsibility to read and understand the definitions and exceptions in the law. RCW RCW 9.41.050 is the primary law which affects gun carrying on a day to day basis. This law makes it unlawful for one to conceal a pistol without a concealed pistol license (hereinafter called CPL), and also makes it unlawful for one to carry a loaded pistol in any vehicle, whether it be openly carried or concealed carried unless a person has a valid CPL(see RCW 9.41.060 on Exceptions). Loaded is defined as having ammunition inside of the gun itself (magazine inserted with ammunition with semi-auto, ammunition in cylinder for revolvers). Localities may also prohibit the carrying of handguns in the stadiums and convention centers that they operate, however they MUST exempt those who possess a concealed pistol license. There are also federal statutes you must be cognizant of: 18 USC 922 (q), which prohibit the carrying of a handgun within 1000 feet of a school unless you are licensed to carry or meet another exemption to this law."

Think you can fit that on a business card? Vistaprint is cheap

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:14 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm I bet there is a credit card sized magnifying glass I could carry around with that.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PeglegJones wrote:
The "basics" can get you in trouble you go flashing g them in someone's face. Many LEO aren't even up to snuff with the basics let alone the complete statute.

U.S. Navy Retired
Support Our 2nd Ammendment

There is no specific statute authorizing OC in this state. It's legal by reason of not being prohibited.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2