Switch to full style
This is the place to discuss the how, when, where and why we carry.
Post a reply

Re: Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Information...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:48 am

M1Gunr wrote:
glockgirl wrote:I let my CPL lapse (I know, I know, bad me) since I wasn't carrying for a long while. The biggest problem for me in obtaining a new one was that my fingerprints are apparently very difficult for the electronic scanners to capture correctly. The lady at the BPD spent a good 45 minutes trying to capture all ten prints in a manner that the machine would accept, but eventually, she conceded defeat and sent in the prints that the machine rejected.

So, I thought I would be called back in to have ink fingerprints done, but nope! My new CPL was in my hands less than four days later. :bigsmile: Kind of worried about what will happen when I go to get my OR CPL in Tacoma on the 26th though...probably will hold up the line a bit and (swear word) off a lot of WaGun members.

Soak your hands, make them prune up. You could wear exam gloves till the time necessary.

Or a little while rubbing some high grit sandpaper between your fingers for a while. Prints grow back pretty quickly, though, maybe even by the next day or 2.

EDIT: ...on second thought, having no fingerprints might not be prudent when getting fingerprinted. :doh1:
Go with the soaking deal, lol.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:18 pm

My stoic laziness finally decided going to get my cpl would be easier than unloading my pistol every time I climb in my rig. Of course I had to pick one of their busy days so was there about an hour and a half in the Tacoma office. :facepalm2: Let the wait begin. For those wondering about the Tacoma location, it's at 955 Tacoma Ave South. Opens at 8:30 and they take cash or checks. Exact change not required.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:23 am

Mine finally arrived. 30 days exactly. :facepalm2:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 am

I get the pleasure of renewing mind next week. Is Tacoma open on Mondays?

Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:07 pm

I thought renewals took several weeks to to processed and mailed to you. Is this not the case???

I walked into KCSO in downtown Seattle, filled out the renewal, paid my $32, and walked out the door with my renewed CPL fresh off the press.

I was really pleasantly surprised but didn't ask questions.

Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:12 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:I thought renewals took several weeks to to processed and mailed to you. Is this not the case???

I walked into KCSO in downtown Seattle, filled out the renewal, paid my $32, and walked out the door with my renewed CPL fresh off the press.

I was really pleasantly surprised but didn't ask questions.

Wow, nice. I did my last renewal at the KCSO office in Covington, and they mailed it to me. Maybe it all happens in Seattle, so they are able to do them on the spot . . . ?

Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 pm

SPD gave me my renewal on the spot as well.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Interesting. I have an enhanced drivers license. You guys think that had anything to do with it?

Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 pm

Submitted my cpl app with SPD today! Lady was pretty cold to start off but I can only imagine the mundane routine of the job. She was pretty funny by the end, sounds like she sees and deals with some real winners,

Now I just hope I got nothing to hide I don't know about lol

Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:41 pm

someguyinseattle wrote:Submitted my cpl app with SPD today!

Good work. :thumbsup2:

The more CPL holders we have, the better.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

creeping up on day 30 (day 29 in 44 mins) of my CPL renewal in snohomish county. if I don't get it within the week, what can I do? I tried searching here and TOS is down for me right now.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 pm

vincentvega6 wrote:creeping up on day 30 (day 29 in 44 mins) of my CPL renewal in snohomish county. if I don't get it within the week, what can I do? I tried searching here and TOS is down for me right now.

go back and read pg 1. under the dol link

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:47 pm

cmica wrote:
vincentvega6 wrote:creeping up on day 30 (day 29 in 44 mins) of my CPL renewal in snohomish county. if I don't get it within the week, what can I do? I tried searching here and TOS is down for me right now.

go back and read pg 1. under the dol link

am I missing something? I read that page and the RCW, it shouldn't take more than 30 for me. I don't fall into the exception where it could take up to 60 days.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm

How long does it take before I get my license?

It can take from 30 to 60 days.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:56 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:Interesting. I have an enhanced drivers license. You guys think that had anything to do with it?

I doubt it...maybe it just had to do with workload like lots of other applications in front of yours (or a hangover).
Post a reply