Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Found a rare one... 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

DGM33 wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
WOW! That's beautiful! Now I know what I need to look for next...

I think every "gun nut" should know generally of the top collectible/rare guns, and at least one manufacturer specifically. It's funny...the LGS where I made the transfer had a bunch of old Colts (mostly SAAs and Police .38s) and I couldn't tell ya if they are rare or common as dirt. Snake guns, sure.

Not sure with the "quotes" if I'm being snubbed here or not, but I'll choose not to take this personally.

And yes, I have a list of my personal top collectible guns. I just hadn't included one of those yet and that thing is freaking sweet!

Lol...dude, not insulting you, just making a general statement. Most people on here seem to fit the bill. I can't recall a real collectible gun misposted as ordinary in 6+ years of being on WaGuns. We do our research.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:48 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

hkcavalier wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
hkcavalier wrote:
DGM33 wrote:
WOW! That's beautiful! Now I know what I need to look for next...

I think every "gun nut" should know generally of the top collectible/rare guns, and at least one manufacturer specifically. It's funny...the LGS where I made the transfer had a bunch of old Colts (mostly SAAs and Police .38s) and I couldn't tell ya if they are rare or common as dirt. Snake guns, sure.

Not sure with the "quotes" if I'm being snubbed here or not, but I'll choose not to take this personally.

And yes, I have a list of my personal top collectible guns. I just hadn't included one of those yet and that thing is freaking sweet!

Lol...dude, not insulting you, just making a general statement. Most people on here seem to fit the bill. I can't recall a real collectible gun misposted as ordinary in 6+ years of being on WaGuns. We do our research.

My bad, bro. I read this wrong entirely the first time through and I get completely what you're saying.
Keep an eye out for more like that over there...

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You found a classic and it's gorgeous. :thumbsup2:

Congrats.

hkcavalier wrote:
Went to a private sale transfer buy for an older S&W Model 39, the original S&W 9mm DA handgun. I had recently passed on an old S&W revolver (what's known as a pre-Victory made in 1942) and had some $$$ burning a hole in my pocket. I figured I couldn't go wrong with a nice old shooter.

I didn't get a nice old shooter. I ended up with one of the first 200 9mms to leave the factory out of a run of over 85,000! It even predates when S&W started model numbers in 1956/57, it's simply a pre-39 or "S&W 9mm Automatic Pistol" if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

For those of us who love to hunt for old collectible guns, the easy way to tell is there no model # under the serial. While making the buy, that was actually my first clue that this was something special...and I collect S&Ws!

It's in shooter condition which works for me. 98% examples of these early guns, all complete with box, sell for $2,000-$2,500.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It can shoot too! 8rnd mag at about 7 yards.

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:35 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

that is a sweet find!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those model 39’s are great. I really want one and it sounds like you’ve found an excellent addition to your collection!

I think I’d have to hunt down a 639, though, so I could say “I love it when a plan comes together” every time I shoot it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:25 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congtrats on your score, that thing is purdy ! Itappears to be the same size as a Star BM, being a single stack 9mm 1911 looking gun. You plan to get a holster for it ?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am looking for an old school holster + mag holster. The S&W has a lot of P38 in it as does the Beretta 92, the triggers and DA/SA/decocker feel are all very similar.

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What a wonderful find!

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2