Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Ultra Cheap AR-15 Build 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
Chi-Com.gong

It's kind of like their food: buy one of their tools and an hour later you'll need to buy another one to replace it.

Put America back to work, Mike. Buy American! :patriot:

The only chinese part on the rifle is the handguard. 98% made in America. Even you can't scoff at that for $299.95 minus the add ons

And I'm pretty sure you're working next week due to a referral from me. I am putting America back to work. One slacker at a time. :thumbsup2:

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:15 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MadPick wrote:
Maybe you missed the video doorbell thread....

I'd have the wife ring the bell, you would open the door for her. :ROFLMAO:

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:22 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

usrifle wrote:
MadPick wrote:
Maybe you missed the video doorbell thread....

I'd have the wife ring the bell, you would open the door for her. :ROFLMAO:

Indeed. :inlove:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

old11bravo wrote:
Nice build on a budget Mike, I'm impressed! It looks fantastic! Anyone would be very happy to say they owned that.

Love my Geissele Reaction Rod too. As an amateur AR builder, easily one of my best purchases ever.

Thanks bud! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out considering it was soooooo cheap. My question is about AR tools. My armorer's wrench skipped off the lock nut on the buffer tube and marred it pretty bad. Are the more expensive armorer's wrenches a better fit? Pretty sure mine is just an NCstar cheapo.

I've actually bent and sheared the nipple pieces that line up with the castle nut on the cheaper AR wrenchs that feel like they're made of pot metal. Not sure where they were made but I knew what I was getting when I bought them. Finally acquired a Wheeler Delta AR wrench and it is leaps and bounds better made and easier to use though I still have to carefully insure the wrench is flush with the castle nut to prevent slippage. It won't break though. The wheeler wrench was actually a gift to me and it has not failed me yet. However, if I had went out to buy my own AR wrench that I wanted to last me indefinately, I may have broke down and bought the Magpul AR armorers wrench. I'm not certain that it's any better than the Wheeler but I like it's simplicity and dedicated functions.

Wheeler Wrench:
https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/773840/wheeler-engineering-delta-series-multi-tool-ar-15-steel?utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Gunsmithing+-+Tools%2C+Jigs+%26+Fixtures&utm_content=773840&cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Gunsmithing+-+Tools%2C+Jigs+%26+Fixtures-_-Wheeler+Engineering-_-773840&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Lbn4f-c1wIVEJd-Ch23wgE5EAQYASABEgJcG_D_BwE

Magpul Wrench:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10158 ... teel-black

BTW, no endorsement for Midway here, they can probably be found cheaper elsewhere.

sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Chi-Com.gong

It's kind of like their food: buy one of their tools and an hour later you'll need to buy another one to replace it.

The only chinese part on the rifle is the handguard. 98% made in America. Even you can't scoff at that for $299.95 minus the add ons

And I'm pretty sure you're working next week due to a referral from me. I am putting America back to work. One slacker at a time. :thumbsup2:

:ROFLMAO: Does this mean Jimmy can't come out and play on Monday? :hook1:

Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:13 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Jagerbomber35 wrote:
Give ya $400 for it!

Sorry bud, Trump's in office now. No more Obama rifles for you! :wink05:

Diiiiiiick! :bruce:

Nemo Omen
JM Marlin 39M
Tikka T3 Tactical(.308)
BAR(.308)

Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Thanks bud! I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out considering it was soooooo cheap. My question is about AR tools. My armorer's wrench skipped off the lock nut on the buffer tube and marred it pretty bad. Are the more expensive armorer's wrenches a better fit? Pretty sure mine is just an NCstar cheapo.

sinus211 wrote:
jukk0u wrote:
Chi-Com.gong

I guess I have to remind you that you were talking about the wrench: NC Star don't smell like apple pie

old11bravo wrote:
:ROFLMAO: Does this mean Jimmy can't come out and play on Monday? :hook1:

I'll be there wise guy.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:27 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

old11bravo wrote:
Nice build on a budget Mike, I'm impressed! It looks fantastic! Anyone would be very happy to say they owned that.

Love my Geissele Reaction Rod too. As an amateur AR builder, easily one of my best purchases ever.

Amateur? Rumor has it you have built more AR`s than Colt

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:18 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

I guess I have to remind you that you were talking about the wrench: NC Star don't smell like apple pie

Yeah I was a few whiskeys deep at that point and missed what you were referencing

Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Well I bought an AR/Stoner M-4 upper for $199.95, AR/Stoner LPK for $49.99, KNS anti walk pins for $27.00 from Midway. I got a stripped Anderson lower from Chuck @ Cabela's on sale, so with a member and Military discount it about $37.00. The rest of the parts I already have laying around. So the whole total is $313.94. Pic's to follow when built.

Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nicely done!

There are guys slitting their wrists today for buying so many lowers at $100 a piece right prior to Hillary getting elected...oops! :)
Stock market is a better bet than politics and firearms when predicting the future.

Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My first build components start arriving tomorrow.
Palmetto upper and lower components
Palmetto lower
Total cost $357.00
This is my oldest son's christmas present.
I have a Rock River 1" riser and a scope ready for it in my surplus pile of gun junk. :)

16" Barrel length
M4 Profile Barrel
Chrome Moly barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
F-Marked Front sight post
A2 Flash Hider
Sling Loop
Standard Hand Guards w/ heat shields
Forged upper receiver
T-Marks
Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle
PSA Freedom Lower build kit

Barrel: Chrome Moly steel. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1:7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system. Barrel is is finished off with a standard handguard, F-Marked gas sight base, and A2 flash hider.
Upper: Forged 7075-T6 A3 AR upper is machined to MIL-SPECS and hard coat anodized, features a forged upper receiver. These uppers are made for us right here in the USA by a mil-spec manufacturer.
Bolt: Full-auto profile bolt carrier group. Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt. Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications, Fastened with Grade 8 screws, and Staked Per Mil-Spec. 8620 steel M-16 profile carrier is chrome lined and phosphate coated.
Lower Build Kit: Includes Classic M4-Style Stock, A2 Pistol grip, Classic Lower Parts Kit and Mil-Spec diameter 6-position buffer tube assembly. Everything you need to finish your stripped lower.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:52 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Why can't everyone have a dad that gives them an AR-15 for Christmas?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

Why can't a son (who has fifty bazillion AR's) give one to HIS dad?

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

jukk0u wrote:
sinus211 wrote:

Why can't a son (who has fifty bazillion AR's) give one to HIS dad?

My daddy don't shoot. Otherwise this son would give his dad an AR.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:

I have given both daughters and my son AR's. :bigsmile:

Hell, i have given both SIL's Glocks too. When does someone give ME a gun??

Guntrader wrote: Huh, maybe I was an asshole.

NRA Member/RSO
SAF 5 Year Donor
GOA Member

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next