Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 My first AR, I went with Grendel! 
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Why is the bipod so far back?

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:50 pm

That's just we're I had my foregrip, so I stood it up...I'm probably dropping it completely since I the new foregrip at the front. I'm not sure though. Thoughts? Does it even make sense to run a bipod and foregrip on the rifle? Plus the foregrip feels best at the front, where the bipod should be

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:17 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

The bipod should be as far forward as possible for the best stability. But if it's a hunting rifle you'll want to ditch the bipod to save weight.

What brand is the bipod? Looks like an Atlas style but not one I've seen in that color combo before.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:56 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We've all been where you're at... good on ya for asking for thoughts and advice but don't try to skip ahead and spend all of your wads this soon. Your original setup was interesting because it's different than all of ours.

Fuck look how boring the ARs get on this http://www.waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13005&start=555 thread because all of our ARs look the same, for the record all these guys copied me... biters, all of'm.

Go shoot, in a few range visits you'll know what needs to be changed vs what WE think should be changed... enjoy the journey and don't be afraid to shake shit up and find your style of gun.

NRA Certified RSO
SAF/NRA Life Member

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Has anyone ordered from Universal Mania before? These guys are taking for fucking ever to ship my stock. I ordered during the hurricanes so I figured they were having a issue but it's been 3 weeks almost and still nothing.

I'm tempted to just go to the range without but I know that will fuck up my sight picture once I have a stock...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Never heard of them.

I'd cancel the order.

I have an extra carbine stock, mil spec. You're welcome to borrow it till you get what you want.

Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Crabra wrote:
Has anyone ordered from Universal Mania before? These guys are taking for fucking ever to ship my stock. I ordered during the hurricanes so I figured they were having a issue but it's been 3 weeks almost and still nothing.

I'm tempted to just go to the range without but I know that will fuck up my sight picture once I have a stock...

Move that scope. Its way too far back. Your nose should be near the charging handle and that mount is meant to stretch over the rail, but don't mount it to the rail and receiver.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks for the advice and help. I'll move it forward a bit. Maybe it'll help me get the zero nice and tight!

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:20 am

Crabra wrote:
Thanks for the advice and help. I'll move it forward a bit. Maybe it'll help me get the zero nice and tight!
depending on the eye relief of the scope you should have the end of the scope around where the trigger is and your nose within an inch of the charging handle.

I'm going to type out 3 paragraphs and wax eloquently about a similar story in my life. Pm me if you figured it out.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 am

I went to the range and zeroed at 25, 50, & 100 yds. I wasn’t using a bipod at the time.

The target looks tiny at 100 yds with 6x magnification!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3