Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 10mm Rock Ultra HC review 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

After drooling over the Rock Ultra Hc for a while I finally found one and once I got it I got sick on my next days off and didn`t get a chance to shoot it, but today I got to take it out. I am used to DA/SA triggers so having a 1911 was a bit different for me but I think I am going to like it. When I first got it home and unboxed it and pulled it out of the bag it was dripping in oil so I had to take it down and dry it and clean it. I had watched videos on how to take it down and I don`t care for how you have to take it down, You pull the slide back and insert a bent paper clip into a hole in the bottom of the guide rod to keep the spring compressed then it takes down pretty normally. I knew this in advance but figured I could live with it. The slide did not rattle and was tight and everything looked well made and the fit and finish was superb including inside the gun I did not notice tooling marks while cleaning. I don`t have a gauge to measure the trigger but it is very light I am guessing in the 4 pound range and it breaks crisp and clean. This pistol feels like it was made for my hands and the balance is sweet. While it weighs in at just under 3 pounds unloaded it does not feel like you are holding that much weight. Today I went to the Skagit shooting range and at first it was hard to load the mag so for the first few mags I did not load all 16 rounds into the mag but after a few loadings I was able to load all 16 rounds of 10mm no problem. All I had for ammo was some PPU I picked up cheap and on the first mag it jammed the first time I loaded it and 3 more times on the first mag. I tried 3 more mags and it did the same thing 4 FTF`s at first I was wondering if something was wrong or was there a break in period with the gun, so I switched over to my EAA Witness in 10mm and it jammed twice with failure to feeds. I was thinking this was odd because I have never had any feeding issues with my Witness so I went out to the lobby and bought some RBS 10mm and did not have any feeding issues with either gun after that. Accuracy? well I am going to be honest and tell you I have not shot a pistol in 4 to 5 months so I am a little rusty so I am sure it can shoot better than I can but overall I am happy with the results and the picture down below is of shooting it semi rapid ( as fast as the range lets you shoot and from 10 yards) and the recoil was not that noticeable due to the weigh and balance Overall I am happy with my new pistol it cost $706 plus transfer of $25 and I think is worth every penny.

Here she is in all her beauty. She holds 16+1 of 10mm

Size comparison to the left is my EAA Witness in 10mm and to the right is my Beretta 92

Shooting at 10 yards semi rapid pace the top ring is from the 92 and the bottom one is the 10 mm

It was a Night Op in the library with an AK Pistol by TW...

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:48 pm

The RIA guns were sure looked down on in the beginning, and I'm glad to see them making some major jumps in the product line and in ownership.

My RIA 9mm GI FS is from 2011 and after 4k rounds I'm still learning with it but the pic below was my target at 25ft, two mags worth of quick paced shots.
Attachment:
1911.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]