Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

Re: C&R Semi-Auto Rifles -- Pics and Discussion

Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:32 am

Yeah I can understand that type of disappointment. You probably thought something like "what did I sign up for in the first place". At 18 when I signed up I wanted to be G.I. Joe. Hell I wanted to be in thee Army on the Eastern Front. But between the bureaucracy, and the shitbags (senoirs, peers, and subordinates alike) it never really happens. Everyone gets fucked over one way or another in the military. Even 4 star generals.
Honestly shooting my own guns is more fun than any army range I ever did. With the exception of the sniper range with steel targets out to 1000 meters. I don't have to worry about the arms room fucking up my zero on my own stuff. Plus my stuff is nicer than what the army had.
What was your MOS when you were in the army MASH MAN?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:34 pm

63B light wheel i was at APG Maryland but only for training. i was in the nasty gard but before 9/11 i was active duty Navy Corpsman did my time at great lakes Ill what about you?

Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:29 pm

mash man wrote:63B light wheel i was at APG Maryland but only for training. i was in the nasty gard but before 9/11 i was active duty Navy Corpsman did my time at great lakes Ill what about you?

WOW Army, and Navy. You got see 2 sides of the house. I was active duty Army from 1999-2009. I was stationed in Germany then Fort Lewis. I was an 11B Infantryman. I was lucky enough to go to sniper school back in 2006. I did 2 tours in Iraq.
Here is a cool pic. I am the tall one on the left side of the sign.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Ritterkreuz wrote:
bhpdrew wrote:
Ritterkreuz wrote:Downtown Baghdad May 2007. The bullet actually hit my M4 first. That slowed down the bullet and saved my life. God bless the AR15 platform biggrinangelA. I would put up a picture of the exit wound but it might be too graphic for this site. What do you guys think?

I likely created worse while I was deployed... and I took pictures of them. They're around on my hard drive somewhere...

That's the problem when your shooting at bad guys. They shoot back!! #-O

I got two wonderful bullet hole scars that agree with that statement. I'm still alive. The guys that shot me aren't.

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:53 pm

@bhpdrew
Let's see some photos of the holes. :-W

Sorry Madpick, but I think we have Hijacked this topic. :D

Sat May 12, 2012 6:51 pm

i got hit by the vintage firearm bug today! Really wanting to get a Euro/Russian oldschool rifle. One day i will join this historic club!

Sat May 12, 2012 7:44 pm

8shotz_ZeroKills wrote:i got hit by the vintage firearm bug today! Really wanting to get a Euro/Russian oldschool rifle. One day i will join this historic club!

And when you do . . . I expect you to come back here and post pics! :bigsmile:

Sat May 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I have been looking around for a M1903A4 Springfield, for some time. There is just something to be said about it. Ive owned No.4s and Mossins (Before it was cool, yo), however neither has ever held my fancy like an 1903.

One of these days, I need to take some better photos of my SKS I got when I was 14.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm

It's time to revive this thread for two recent acquisitions. These are VZ-52 rifles, both made in Czechoslovakia in 1955. They fire the 7.62x45 cartridge, which is pretty hard to find since the VZ-52 is the only gun that uses that caliber.

I bought one of these (the one with the blackish marks on the stock) about a month ago; I traded for the other one today.

Note that they are from two different factories, as indicated by the "she" and "AYM" stamps.

And this pic is specifically for Mohawk 13: :bigsmile:

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:50 pm

Here's another recent purchase, an MAS 49/56 in caliber 7.5 French (aka 7.5x54, aka 7.5 MAS). This is a ten-round semi-auto rifle. It was made somewhere between 1958 and 1960, then refurbished in 1970, then refurbished again in 1986.

It has a grenade launcher attachment, and the grenade-launching sight.

These guns are know for having slam-firing problems, and sure enough it slam-fired on round #19 out of 20 when I took it shooting. That was using commercial ammo, which has softer primers than military ammo. I made a slight modification to the firing pin (flattened the tip), and I will be reloading for it with harder CCI #34 primers so hopefully it won't be an issue in the future.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Those are some awesome additions to the stable.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 pm

MadPick wrote:
Here's my M1 Garand, which I bought one year ago tomorrow for $425, which I think was a steal especially considering that it came with 121 rounds of ammo and an ammo cam icon_pray

you are fucking killing me here...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Steve #1...I'd Just like to say...YOU SUCK!!!...I had to pass on Your newest one as I have been busy and could not get up to Everett to make the trade happen...I ordered a front sight hood and original sling From Liberty Tree Collectors yesterday.

On a better note...Nice to have one from both Arsenals...The AYM are few and far between. They only made a few and were passed over to SHE as their quality was not up to par in quality...Makes that one even more valuable...

The stock on the SHE is a replacement made by a guy named Walter Reily. Look up Walter-Reily Restorations. He does stocks, hand guards, stock bolts, and Sling loops...

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Some cool pieces of history in here.

I really like that svt-40..

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Hey MadPick,
An ammo haul from one small local show...And I left 220 rounds sitting for the next one...The Last Pic is a box of 140 grain Soft Point hunting ammo from SOG...Circa 1998....

Post a reply