Switch to full style
Show off your arsenal. Got a great pic of your collection? A work in progress? Need to show off? You found the right place.
Post a reply

whoops! Added another revolver. In Wife Pergatory for a bit.

Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:56 pm

Picked up a Ruger Super Red Hawk Alaskan 44 mag for $850 in a local online auction in Kalispell. I honestly didn't think an 850 bid would hold considering you can rarely find these anymore. MSRP is $1469.

It was a bucket list revolver. I only have one left I really want, a .30 M1 Carbine. (shhh, don't tell her I'm not done!) My Dan Wesson 44 has a brother now.

Better Pictures tomorrow. This was a file photo of said auction.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: whoops! Added another revolver. In Wife Pergatory for a

Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:58 pm

If you think she's mad at you now, wait until you let her shoot it!

Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:56 pm

That is going to be a loud-ass fire spitting pistol.

Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:14 pm

:ROFLMAO: I feel your pain brother (in my wrist right now just looking at that monster) :ROFLMAO:
Buddy of mine has a 6 inch Ruger 44 mag that I love to shoot but it has a ported barrel. :bigsmile:

Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:19 am

This has a padded recoil grip so it in theory have the same kick as my Dan Wesson 44 mag.
I'm going to load up some 200 grain "short barrel" loads for it and do an "Ouch" comparison. :ROFLMAO:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:50 am

"She's a beaut, Clark!"

Basically this Revolver cost me $116.
In 2019 I sold a Savage 99 22HP for $650 to a fella in Great Falls. The savage was one of many 99s that a relative left for me. I had 2 99's in 22HP so I decided to sell one in order to purchase a 2nd 44 Ruger Carbine rifle on the same trip for $750. Sold that 44 Ruger Carbine rifle for $850 and paid $850 for this Super Redhawk Alaskan (plus the 15% commission for the auction house, so $966.) :sneaky:

I honestly can't tell if its been shot or not. If it was, the former owner cleaned it up good!

Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:27 am

It is a beauty! :thumbsup2:

The previous owner fired three rounds of 44 mag loads, said "ouch" and it became a safe queen. :wink05:

Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:15 pm

usrifle wrote:It is a beauty! :thumbsup2:

The previous owner fired three rounds of 44 mag loads, said "ouch" and it became a safe queen. :wink05:

Yep! :ROFLMAO: It *is* a 2021-made revolver.

Thankfully I'm still strong and continue to strength train with free weights at age 62. That really helps with recoil believe it or not.
Post a reply