Switch to full style
Local Gun Show calendar, talk about upcoming shows and share your sweet finds!
Post a reply

Headed to the show

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:49 am

Shortly.
Wife, son, and foster boy are gone for the day.
Maybe I'll find a .50 there.....

And seriously.....if you feel like chiming in on how you don't like Washington arms collectors or you don't like the show........ Just keep it to yourself.

Re: Headed to the show

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:44 am

The paranoid WAC hate is strong in some.

Enjoy the show, have to do some labor. On a Sunday. Ugg.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:46 am

I should be.
But..... Nah

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 am

I went yesterday . Mostly just looking for small parts . Got a LMT GEN 1 SOPMOD stock and a AR port door Assy. For a fair price. And a few things I didn't really need for cheap.
Lots of empty tables . But that's somewhat normal for this time of year .
I enjoyed the show.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:21 am

Increasingly I think there will be baby boomers getting out of the market with wares from their decades of collecting. I just know of a few in recent months who have gotten out because of either health (sell for medical expenses), moving (new state won't allow), or death (children don't want them).

I know of one guy with a collection of just Colts which is extensive in itself, not including all of his other stuff.

It's all demographics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREtHucN0CI

And the baby boomers I think typically unload at gun shows, despite me trying to educate them in selling online.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:25 am

There's a Barrett M82 at the show as of yesterday. $7995 with 2 mags and case. I pawed at it but couldn't muster the nuts to tell my wife I spent $8k on a gun. If he'd have been willing to take $6k I'd have purchased it on the spot.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:26 am

M82 is out of my reach at the moment.
Didn't see it here anyway.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:25 pm

I haven't been to the Puyallup show for a while and today my daughter and I wandered through. It was real quiet. Found some mags that I was looking for at a good price. Found a little bit of 41mag ammo..... a few other good deals, but like I said it was quiet but really personable in the fact that everyone had time to talk, and talking guns is one of my favorite things.......

Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:02 pm

sinus211 wrote:There's a Barrett M82 at the show as of yesterday. $7995 with 2 mags and case. I pawed at it but couldn't muster the nuts to tell my wife I spent $8k on a gun. If he'd have been willing to take $6k I'd have purchased it on the spot.

It's cool. Nobody has nuts that big.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:31 pm

Arisaka wrote:
sinus211 wrote:There's a Barrett M82 at the show as of yesterday. $7995 with 2 mags and case. I pawed at it but couldn't muster the nuts to tell my wife I spent $8k on a gun. If he'd have been willing to take $6k I'd have purchased it on the spot.

It's cool. Nobody has nuts that big.

I DO! I do what I want and there ain't nuthin she can say abou......OW OW OW, shit, OW OW OW... I was only joking honey, OW OW...

Dang it, didn't see her coming in...

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:48 pm

I did come home with a sig 1911-22 And a dao .40 Beretta. Not sure what I think about that.
The old man got a sw 64-8 stainless. Pretty sure he'll get bored of that and sell it though.
Post a reply