Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WAC show this weekend 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

PMB wrote:
*sigh*
Why do I like gun shows so much... and most of the good ones are so far away. :facepalm2:

I haven't yet been to a WAC show. Are newbies still able to buy a membership at the door?

You only need to be a member if you're purchasing a firearm, otherwise you can just pay the entrance fee (usually $6 at Monroe show, never been to the Puyallup show so YMMV). The price may have gone up, I haven't gone to a show for a long time.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

survivor wrote:
I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning.
There are a few retro AR parts I'm seeking and not wanting to pay online prices.

Last show I went to, the prices were in many cases MORE than online prices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother
" - William Shakespeare

Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

delliottg wrote:
PMB wrote:
*sigh*
Why do I like gun shows so much... and most of the good ones are so far away. :facepalm2:

I haven't yet been to a WAC show. Are newbies still able to buy a membership at the door?

You only need to be a member if you're purchasing a firearm, otherwise you can just pay the entrance fee (usually $6 at Monroe show, never been to the Puyallup show so YMMV). The price may have gone up, I haven't gone to a show for a long time.

IIRC, admission at Monroe was 10 or 12 for non-members when we went a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:20 pm

Boyfriend and I will be there probably tomorrow afternoon. [emoji4]

Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:20 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Inger19 wrote:
delliottg wrote:
PMB wrote:
*sigh*

IIRC, admission at Monroe was 10 or 12 for non-members when we went a few weeks ago.

I heard 12 dollars on the radio a few minutes ago.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

skey wrote:
Inger19 wrote:
delliottg wrote:
PMB wrote:
*sigh*

I heard 12 dollars on the radio a few minutes ago.

DO NOT PAY $12!
Give them $10 and watch their reactions. :ROFLMAO:
They'll get pissed but can't do anything about it.
The extra $2 goes into their slush fund.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

Stop by and say howdy....
We've got some good "specials" going on.... :thumbsup2:

Nitro Products
FFL Dealer
SOT Dealer

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:06 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does it open at 8 or 9?
I need to sleep in. :peep:

Update: opens at 9am

Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went on Sat.
The people there are a bunch of butt wipes.
(nothing ever changes)
Table after table after table consisted of nothing but AR 15 kits ordered off the internet to either be resold at a higher price or simply parted out at a higher price.
I can buy anything and everything I want off the internet for less and most of the time with free shipping. Not to mention no tax.

This is going the same way the swap meets for Harley went ten years ago.
People decided it's easier and cheaper to buy/sell using the internet.
There are or haven't been any m/c swap meets for ever... dead.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:04 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw a table with two Ruger Standard pistols in original box, unfired with original receipt for $400 ea. OBO. One had original walnut grips and the buyer was trying real hard to push them. Real beauties.

On another, I saw a blued 1960s Walther P1 unfired in original box for $700. No bites.

Yes, some prices are outrageous, but the same people keep coming back. Either people are buying their ware, or they like lugging stuff back and forth. Other tables do not have prices, maybe they are not into wheeling and dealing or do not know a good price.

Being an on an off again table holder, the non-dealers are constantly trying to make deals with people and move their inventory. You must take your time and carefully inspect what is on the tables.

Half of the sales it seems happens before opening.

Oh, and I saw UPAmmoSupply there too, with great prices.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:56 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AR15L wrote:
I went on Sat.
(nothing ever changes)
Table after table after table consisted of nothing but AR 15 kits ordered off the internet to either be resold at a higher price or simply parted out at a higher price.
I can buy anything and everything I want off the internet for less and most of the time with free shipping. Not to mention no tax.

I agree, but you're missing the point of the gun show. The used gun selection is the reason to go. I go regularly and buy sell trade guns because you'll find guns at the show that you can't find elsewhere. Plus the seller is right there in front of you to negotiate with. You negotiate a fair price, or walk. Best selection of used guns you'll find under 1 roof anywhere.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
I went on Sat.
(nothing ever changes)

I agree, but you're missing the point of the gun show. The used gun selection is the reason to go. I go regularly and buy sell trade guns because you'll find guns at the show that you can't find elsewhere. Plus the seller is right there in front of you to negotiate with. You negotiate a fair price, or walk. Best selection of used guns you'll find under 1 roof anywhere.

This is true, I was focusing on the AR's when I posted.
I do look at the used stuff... heavily. Some of those prices are... uh... out of line, though.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:05 am
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

AR15L wrote:
sinus211 wrote:
AR15L wrote:
I went on Sat.
(nothing ever changes)

This is true, I was focusing on the AR's when I posted.
I do look at the used stuff... heavily. Some of those prices are... uh... out of line, though.

Oh hell yes they are! We spend half our time laughing at crazy prices. There's a few tables that we've learned to recognize for fair prices and slow down for those, but cruise past others. The AR tables are pointless, always cheaper online. Most new gun sellers are overpriced except Randy at nitro guns, he has great deals.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've bought stuff online and that is where the cheap deals are to be had - if they work.

But it is easier to fondle the stuff real time and have questions asked, if you do not know what you are looking for.

No kidding, it is easier for an online store to sell stuff. Less staff to pay, no $50 tables to buy, less risk of theft.

But I try to support our brick and mortar stores while we still have them left.

Higher prices may not be the result of excessive greed on the table holders.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:28 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's always deals. There's always the 600 dollar plain Jane 91/30 dumbass too.

If you go regularly (once a month, looking at thousands of guns, oh no, not that) you get to know a lot of the regulars, and can get even better deals.

Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next