Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 puyallup gun show Dec 17-18- what a joke on some pricing 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pretty typical for the shows ive been to in the last couple years. Lots of folks on crack wanting way too much for all sorts of items, guessing they dont really want to sell the stuff. Every now and then there is a sensible person wanting to sell thier shit, thats where the reasonable deals are at and ya gotta sort thru a lot of BS to get there.

Anyone want .45 GAP ??? found several boxes at the last puyallup show and most guys thought they had the holy grail sitting on thier table, I think the averages $50 a box (when exactly will they find another interested party, guess they can tote it from show to show, idiots)......towards the end of my day found a guy with a case or two of the stuff, $15 a box. Grabbed what i could and wish i could have made off with the whole case, as well as a few single boxes of the stuff the guys couldnt get rid of fast enough or cheap enough

So yes, i think some like the idea of having stuff to take to each show, others want to sell. Wont get what you dont ask for and they must find enough folks that dont know any better than overpaying for whatever they are hawking

Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:31 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's always a mixed box. Always.

Anyone see the no.3 for 175? Or the sporterized one for 79?
How about the imperial mosin for 175?
100 dollar out the door ruger lowers?
12 dollar ak mags? Not Korean.
Colt 1911 for 650
Tokarevs for 250

Granted there's also the old guys that just don't get it, there is no denying that.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:08 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

I take in a lot of trade fodder on gun deals. The show is a great place to take the trade fodder and try to work deals for guns that I might be a little more interested in keeping. As far as gun accessories (mags, optics, etc) the internet is your friend. That kind of stuff is always overpriced at the show.

I go to make deals, buy Washougal ammo, and just walk around with a buddy and have a good time. I'm a member so admission is free. It's a fun way to spend a Saturday morning even if we just end up walking around rolling our eyes at the ridiculous prices and/or silly tactical gear be hocked. It's fun.

Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

greenhumanjames wrote:
I was at the show this weekend and it great to see that AR's Ak's and ammo price have gone down but I must ask what the hell is some of these vendors thinking. Saw many crazy prices on Mosin nagants asking 400 and up, sks's that looked Like garbage and people asking for prices like Sandy hook had happened again. Over 500 and they weren't anything great I.e. naranco, Russian. One of the magazine dealers wa selling commercial spec ak74 mags for 27 buckets when they can be easily found online for 16.99. I feel like I'm not the only one who saw this. My best friend who was with me saw a m1 garand for 4k, he asked the dealer why is it that price and he couldn't give I'm a straight answer. Is there anyone else who saw this kinda stuff???

Are the sanctions and imports bans lifted against China (Norinco been banned from import since 1993) or Russia (Mosin Nagants/Saiga/Tula SKSs etc. have been banned from import for a couple years now) ? There's a limited supply, whats here is whats available. Big5 and Cabelas arent getting anymore for $100 OTD. Prices are what they are when there is no resupply in sight. If they're too high for you, then you missed the boat when they were cheaper.

Warsaw Pact surplus AK74 mags are spendy currently, none are being imported. not every buyer knows the difference between a commercial Bulgarian and a sanitized Russian mag with a "Made in Bulgaria" sticker. One is worth every fucking penny of $27, the other is worth about $9. The seller may not have a clue either.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

sinus211 wrote:
I take in a lot of trade fodder on gun deals. The show is a great place to take the trade fodder and try to work deals for guns that I might be a little more interested in keeping. As far as gun accessories (mags, optics, etc) the internet is your friend. That kind of stuff is always overpriced at the show.

I go to make deals, buy Washougal ammo, and just walk around with a buddy and have a good time. I'm a member so admission is free. It's a fun way to spend a Saturday morning even if we just end up walking around rolling our eyes at the ridiculous prices and/or silly tactical gear be hocked. It's fun.

:plusone:
I don't go looking for good prices. If our only criteria was lowest price, almost all purchases would be from the internet. I like buying local when convenient. The couple of gun shows that we are regulars at always get some of our business even if we pay a bit more than we might find it elsewhere.
Occasionally there is a smoking deal- those are fun. Usually get to handle some firearms that I'm curious about... Good times.
I don't buy as many firearms as I did before 594. I despise the law and think it unconstitutional. If it wasn't for 594 there are a few guys who would make more sales at Centralia for sure. René would have several fewer rifles on his table but for that filthy bit o' paperwork.
Marcusp always lightens my wallet load in exchange for powder. It's a ritual now.

There are vendors who have some of the same stuff every month, going on years. Maybe they rent a table as a hobby? It's their property and their business. I'm still glad to see them month after month.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:12 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have my own issues with WAC, but I'd much rather see monthly big overpriced gun shows, than no gun shows.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2