Switch to full style
Local Gun Show calendar, talk about upcoming shows and share your sweet finds!
Post a reply

WAC Monroe Sept.18-19, 2021

Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:37 pm

Looks like this is going to happen. (At least I hope so, since I bought a table!) Will be nice to have to have a show so close to home again. Despite COVID, I still managed to accumulate a bunch of stuff I don't really need. With the lack of merchandise on store shelves, hopefully others will be cleaning out their closets, too.

Socializing with folks I haven't seen in over a year will be worth it, but maybe I'll come up with a treasure, or two...

Re: WAC Monroe Sept.18-19, 2021

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 am

mdcaldwell wrote:Looks like this is going to happen. (At least I hope so, since I bought a table!) Will be nice to have to have a show so close to home again. Despite COVID, I still managed to accumulate a bunch of stuff I don't really need. With the lack of merchandise on store shelves, hopefully others will be cleaning out their closets, too.

Socializing with folks I haven't seen in over a year will be worth it, but maybe I'll come up with a treasure, or two...

Hey Bud it will be good to see you.
I'll have 3 tables and will be setting up saturday morning. Let me know if you have anything I might need lol.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:18 pm

I'm sure I'll have something you need. Setting up Friday afternoon, but hopefully I'll still have some stuff left on Saturday morning! Looking forward to seeing you.

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 am

So you have to be a member to get in or?

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:09 pm

Membership not required to attend. You must be a member to bring firearms into the show. No loaded firearms in the building.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:44 pm

Opens at 9am Sat/Sun for members, 10am for nonmembers. No longer have to be a member to purchase firearms, now that we're all subject to background checks.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:58 pm

Good show today. Think there was maybe only 2/3 to 3/4 of the tables they'd normally have, but there were bargains a plenty.

Found a nice Old Model Blackhawk .357 in better condition, and for less money, than one I'd recently bought, so I picked it up. I also found some good deals on accessories, so I grabbed them too, before deciding to get serious about selling my own junk.

Got rid of most of my stuff by the afternoon & went out looking for something to blow my earnings on. Made a deal on a Remington #4 Rolling Block in .22 rimfire. Has plenty of "character" but is mechanically sound. Should be a fun ~100 year old plinker.

There were some crazy prices on ammo, but plenty of fair deals, too. Bought 6 boxes of Federal 30-30 for $17/box. Figure that's about what it'll cost at Walmart when things get back to "normal". Some "Black Talon" floating around. Guys raved about getting some for $15/box. Was offered some for $50/box; no thanks...

Overall, it seems like the older enthusiasts are starting to part with things so the young(er) enthusiasts can enjoy them as much as they did. Sure, they're blued steel & walnut, instead of polymer & anodized aluminum, but what's wrong with that? Hahaha!

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:45 pm

Good to see you today as well as others
I also got a great deal on some ammo that I really didn't need but it was cheap so I had to buy it lol.

Sold a few guns and a acog.
So for me it was a great little show.
I left by 4:40 since it dropped off and was home by 6:00 not to bad of a commute.

Hope to see everyone at puyallup in November. I'm thinking that I will have 2 or 3 tables.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:04 pm

Typical slow Sunday at the show. Still some good deals, though. My buddy, who couldn't make it Saturday, got a 1000rds of S&B .223 for $450. Not too bad in today's market.

It was great seeing a lot of familiar faces. Was able to identify most everyone, even with the masks. Saw some very creative ones, too. Looking forward to Puyallup next month.
Post a reply