Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 WAC Monroe 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

anyone going this weekend?

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Didn't they just have one? I know we're going to the Antique show at the fairgrounds on Saturday.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:47 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Probably Sunday morning early for me, just before work.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heading do there in a bit, hope its worth it.
I'll be sporting my new WaGuns hat..hope I dont get shot.... icon_eek

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

So you getting in on the WaGuns action, or playing solo?

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I heard it was a pretty slow show, lots of open tables. Looking forward to the report!

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I go to this show most often because its close, but bah..building was only about half full. Over priced (WAY above normal over price) I over heard one vendor saying he jumped his prices because people are scared about the election and buying... 9mm ammo FMJ was 219.00 up from 149. from the last show. no matter who wins, nothing will change until AFTER Jan. even then legislation and bills have to PASS :cussing: .
people annoy me...
anyway, didnt see other WaGun ppl, but they may have been hiding from me :diggin:
Now the last Puyallup show ( my first) was big and fun, still pricey and people kept touching me..well... just around the WAguns table...
And some guy kept offering to show his Massive Beans for a dollar... icon_eek

“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:05 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ugly 68 wrote:

That reminds me... You owe me a dollar.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Massivedesign wrote:
Ugly 68 wrote:

That reminds me... You owe me a dollar.

damn, I was hoping you would forget that....

― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ugly 68 wrote:
I over heard one vendor saying he jumped his prices because people are scared about the election and buying... 9mm ammo FMJ was 219.00 up from 149. from the last show. :cussing: .
people annoy me...

It's not just the gun shows... I was at a local Renton gun/pawn shop today. I'll leave the name out of this. They had a spam can of 7.62 X 54R light ball for $153. At first I thought this price was for 2. I thought that's an alright price for a local shop. I just ordered a case last week for $137. With shipping came to about $160. Then I noticed $153 was for one can. WTF!!!! That's twice what I think it should be. Other things were marked up from what I am used to seeing there as well. It's a good time to have already been stocked up. For the people just now starting to build your supplies... I almost feel sorry for you... Almost... :thumbsup2:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, its stupid. I was going to pick up a case of FMJ for going to the range. Bet the range ammo prices went up too. I'll have to check out cabelas next, just to see.

― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
It's not just the gun shows... I was at a local Renton gun/pawn shop today. I'll leave the name out of this. They had a spam can of 7.62 X 54R light ball for $153. At first I thought this price was for 2. I thought that's an alright price for a local shop. I just ordered a case last week for $137. With shipping came to about $160. Then I noticed $153 was for one can. WTF!!!! That's twice what I think it should be. Other things were marked up from what I am used to seeing there as well. It's a good time to have already been stocked up. For the people just now starting to build your supplies... I almost feel sorry for you... Almost... :thumbsup2:

Fuck.

And I passed on the $85 spam can at the October WAC show.....I fucking suck.

NOOOoooo!

All I get is "Hey! I'm peeing in here!"

"Peace is the brief, glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading."

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sissyboy wrote:
For the people just now starting to build your supplies... I almost feel sorry for you... Almost... :thumbsup2:

I don't need your pity. :angryfire: :bruce:

I need your ammo! :ROFLMAO:

Anything 12ga is good. And 9mm.

Secondary choices would be 22lr, 22mag, and .40S&W

Seriously though, I have just started building supplies. Sucks, being on a limited budget. Already well over, for this month. LOL

Ah well. I really do NOT expect the sky to fall. No matter who gets into office. Ammo prices will eventually go back down a bit. And as long as I keep buying more than I shoot, eventually I'll have a respectable stash. Image

What got me was buying 50 rounds of 22mag, and it cost a dollar more than 50 rounds of 9mm!!!

How can I help you, and/or make you smile, today?

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to tell me what mine must be.

Do justice. Love mercy.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” ~ Richard P. Feynman

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Selador, watch cabelas, some times they have HUGE deals on ammo and if you get the flyers you can get discounts on top of the sales. The catch is, you have to watch! they hide the big ammo sales it seems, but the do have them.
I picked up a case of 2200 .22lr a few weeks ago for 74.99

― Robert A. Heinlein

Massivedesign wrote:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:45 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At Monroe Sunday morning, SAA had spam cans of 7.62 x 54 for $89.00 each. 7.62 x 39, 9mm, around $220.00 a thousand. 45acp, lots of choices all around $350.00 a thousand. All of the good 5.56 green tip was $459.00 a thousand, though - gone way up since last year.

Other vendors had some deals, and some did have sky high prices, so taking your time and shopping around made sense - there was good stuff there, if you looked, compared prices, and took your time.

The last Monroe show I actually attended was in that horrible old claustrophobic shit shed with the low ceilings, so the new building was a pleasant surprise. Puyallup was huge in comparison though, with far more tables that actually had guns out for sale at real world prices, relatively speaking.

I walked out with a bunch of parachute flares to piss off the neighbors with and impress the grandson with on 4th of July. Picked up a cleaning rod kit, and six chamber brushes for the Garand, and a full box of chamber brushes for M-1A.

Real good prices from a lifetime WAC member who does only genuine American surplus military stuff, and always has a bunch of Garands, M1 carbines, and miscellaneous military firearms. Real good guy.

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Give a man a fishing pole, and he will drink too much beer, get tangled in fish line, hook himself in the nose casting, fall overboard, and either drown, or, go home hungry and wet. Give a man a case of dynamite, and he will feed the whole town for a year!

BE ON NOTICE:
PRIVACY NOTICE: Warning - any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/or the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile.

You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control.

The contents of this profile are PRIVATE and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]