Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:59 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Chilling 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I go about 10-15 times at Puyallup and 15-20 times to Monroe, before I can't leave without a new toy. But then I am cheap and have had to clean out the safe many times since joining WAC in 1977.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Been going to the WAC shows since I was ten. Bush 1 was president then to give you a time frame. Yeah prices are high on some things, but if you pay attention to the seasons you can get pretty good deals. Best time to go is Sunday’s during tax season. Always offer cash and don’t be afraid to try to talk them down. The reason that you see prices so high on the small tables is because they expect to negotiate and don’t want to start at a lower price. And if you do want a gun but know it’s too high, make an offer maybe 50 bucks less than you want to pay, they may reject you, if they do walk away, come back to his table after you’ve done your walk through, maybe an hour before people are closing if it’s still there make the offer again, most times he’ll tell you what he’s gotta get out of it and most times it’s close to what you want to pay.

Oh and never try to buy a lever action from September-January, hunting season always jacks the price up on those.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:54 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I was a lad, we used to go to some convention center in downtown Baltimore. Back then (pre-1968) you would see Lahti's and all sorts of cool shiiiite for sale.

"The said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ~ Samuel Adams

“A return to First Principles in a Republic is sometimes caused by simple virtues of a single man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him, and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example. Before all else, be armed!” ~ Niccolo Machiavelli

Láodòng zhèng zhūwèi zìyóu

FJB

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Said it before and I'll say it again. Z66 and I have scored plenty of killer deals at the WAC shows. Know what you're looking for, or know fair prices for what you're not looking for. There's 100 underpriced gems at every show, you just have to find them.

And even if a show sucks, we get lunch afterwards and laugh about the high priced shenanigans. Enjoy these shows folks, they might(will) be gone someday and you'll wish you'd gone to them.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:29 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sinus211 wrote:
Said it before and I'll say it again. Z66 and I have scored plenty of killer deals at the WAC shows. Know what you're looking for, or know fair prices for what you're not looking for. There's 100 underpriced gems at every show, you just have to find them.

And even if a show sucks, we get lunch afterwards and laugh about the high priced shenanigans. Enjoy these shows folks, they might(will) be gone someday and you'll wish you'd gone to them.

I have the collection is have, largely because of wac shows.
I'm not stopping going any time soon if I can help it.

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2