Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 North end shooting- Medford pit? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Unfortunately I was unable to make the clean up event this past weekend due to prior engagements but my son and I finally have a day off together and wanted to head out and do some shooting tomorrow. Normally we trek down to Tacoma sportsman club or local indoor range but want to head out to one of the forest pits. How easy is the Medford pit to get to and anything I should be aware of? We will bring a few bags to haul our mess out along with picking up what we can. Curious if anything is closer to the Woodinville area.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:28 pm
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Medford pit just got cleaned spotless by about 100 volunteers yesterday so you shouldn't have much of a mess to clean up. Easy to access, make sure to bring your Discovery Pass as it's DNR land.

Sun May 21, 2017 6:33 pm

Is the medord pit closed during the week?

Wed May 24, 2017 12:49 pm

I went up there last Saturday to check it out. Completely unlike what the liberals say about gun owners. Seemed like a nice bunch of friendly people who were acting very responsibly.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:18 am

Drove out there last Thursday to shoot only to find out the range is now closed again for gravel removal.

I damn near got ran off the narrow road after the bridge by a rock truck hauling ass down the hill right after I crossed the bridge.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:43 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I ended up driving out on the monday after my original post. I saw the trucks hauling rocks out along with a front loader in the pit. It was empty but noticed a bit of garbage thrown around and lots of shotgun shells on the floor not too long after the clean-up. I was unsure if we can shoot since it was a Monday so I asked the guy operating the front loader and he said it was ok and just be careful with the guys in the truck. My son and I stuck around fro 2-3 hours and then cleaned up our mess along with hauling what we can from what was left behind from the previous folks. Was my first time up there and was really nice having the place to ourselves.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]