Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 North Bend shooting area? 

jdijulio wrote:

Excellent - Thanks for the info!

Big red signs on the road leading to the spot now calling it the "Hansen Creek Gravel Pit" and stating it's closed to shooting. They look new, as in not weathered or full of holes. Sign on a stake in the ground at the spot that was just printed on a piece of paper calling it the "Hansen Creek Trailhead."

Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Contact the North Bend Ranger Station...

Address: 902 SE North Bend Way, North Bend, WA 98045
Hours: Open today · 8AM–12:30PM, 1:30–4:30PM
Phone: (425) 888-1421

Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:23 pm
Profile WWW

Going by the maps on the USFS web site, the epicenter of the Quarry Fire appears to be at, or at least very close to, that littered to hell shooting spot pictured on the previous page. The fire's cause is listed as human.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:52 pm

charlesfisher wrote:
Does anyone know if the shooting around North Bend has been closed? This location: 47.364162,-121.53132

Took my Jeep out to this location a few days ago to see for myself. I heard the gravel pit was closed to shooting, but wanted to check if there were perhaps any locations past it that were still open. On the way up, I passed not one but two pairs of Forest Service and Sherriff trucks patrolling together on Tinkham Rd and NF-5510. There are now signs posted all the way up to the gravel pit, and the road that appears to go beyond it on maps is now blocked with a locked gate and large boulders placed across the road. The pit still has quite a bit of litter, graffiti and signs of use, but since it is so heavily signed and patrolled and is now used as an official trailhead parking lot (I saw three cars parked there at the time), I would definitely not consider shooting anywhere up in that area.

I ended up driving further east on 90 and exploring some other rough old dozer roads on NF land, and found a little non-so-ideal spot to shoot for a bit up in the hills, of course being sure to clean up my brass and targets.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2