Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Closing Capitol Forest to Shooting? 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I grew up shooting in Capitol Forest and it's always been my go-to for pistol and short-range rifle. Recently a buddy of mine went up to some of our favorite spots and noted that (at least along the D-line) there are tons of new "no shooting" signs at nearly every location. So, a few months ago when the state was looking to have discussions with shooters, dirt bikers and equestrian folks, were they discussing in good faith, or is the plan to just shut down the forest to shooting?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You definitely have to drive further into the forest, but to my knowledge it's not closed.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:18 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Olympia173 wrote:
I grew up shooting in Capitol Forest and it's always been my go-to for pistol and short-range rifle. Recently a buddy of mine went up to some of our favorite spots and noted that (at least along the D-line) there are tons of new "no shooting" signs at nearly every location. So, a few months ago when the state was looking to have discussions with shooters, dirt bikers and equestrian folks, were they discussing in good faith, or is the plan to just shut down the forest to shooting?

They haven't closed anything new, C-Line has been closed to shooting for a few years now.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:31 am
Profile WWW

I shoot in the pit off the c line past porter all the time. The only time its closed is when they are working in it. And they post it on temporary signs, usually with a date.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:58 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My buddy went to the triangle pit this morning and said there's a sign there "Shooting Hours 9-6". Is this new? Seems like DNR is just boxing us shooters in more and more, adding new restrictions without providing viable alternatives.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:04 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Olympia173 wrote:
My buddy went to the triangle pit this morning and said there's a sign there "Shooting Hours 9-6". Is this new? Seems like DNR is just boxing us shooters in more and more, adding new restrictions without providing viable alternatives.

That sign has been there for over a year. RCW also stated that shooting is limited dawn to dusk.

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So depending on the time of year, the sign is significantly more restrictive than the law?

Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Olympia173 wrote:
So depending on the time of year, the sign is significantly more restrictive than the law?

From my understanding it's out of respect for the local residents. Having the locals Waking up to gunfire at 6 am would work against us in the long run.

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

MADrtcw wrote:
Olympia173 wrote:

From my understanding it's out of respect for the local residents. Having the locals Waking up to gunfire at 6 am would work against us in the long run.

and what season would that be?

summer :thumbsup2: winter :thumbsdown: fluff said

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]