Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:36 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Triangle gravel pit 

Triangle gravel pit, this is the photo on google maps is it really this bad? :cussing:

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:50 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not for years.

"...steam, artillery and revolvers give to civilized man an irresistible power." -Perry Collins

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm

I was up there last saturday, it didn't look too bad, some ass hat blew up some glass bottles which I really wasn't excited to almost step on but it was just in a small area, besides that just a couple cardboard boxes/~2 dozen coke cans/plastic bottles spread pretty far apart. Sadly started pouring on us before we could get much of it cleaned up and we had to go take cover, but the weather was perfect during the session so it wasn't too bad. ^^

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:44 pm

I was out there yesterday, and it wasn't terrible....but still frustrating. There was a microwave and lots of broken glass bottles in the pit area, but the firing line was good to go.

Sat May 23, 2015 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ok so... Just out of curiosity did you guys just walk off and leave the stuff you saw?

I make it a habit of leaving it cleaner than I found it when I go shooting. I always take several trash bags and such when I go up. Now that I don't shoot at the local pit I don't bring out as much as I used to, but I still always end up bringing out atleast a bag or two, even just shotgun shells of clay pigeons(yes they are biodegradable, but they are Ment to be dispersed over an area of ground as they fall in small little pieces back to earth, not clumped on the ground cause u hit them with a .22).

Group cleanups are great, cleaning up all your shit when you go out is the best, but since so many people seem to be lazy/cheap/ cocksucking douchebags, the rest of us should step up, so we preserve the right to be able to shoot on those lands... If we wait for things like an organized group effort, (which is by no means a bad thing) it doesn't help nearly as much as policing ourselves and the area each and every time we go out.

I hate the assholes who dump or leave their shit, but unfortunately they will always be an issue, so we have to step up...

Sat May 23, 2015 1:00 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

soundplinker wrote:
I was out there yesterday, and it wasn't terrible....but still frustrating. There was a microwave and lots of broken glass bottles in the pit area, but the firing line was good to go.

You coming to the clean up on the 20th??

Sat May 23, 2015 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the picture on google maps is not an accurate depiction it needs to be deleted. False representations will cause an unnecessary outcry from people that have not actually been there. Causing us to possible loose a place for no good reason.

I will be there on the 20th to clean up.

"I'm Hub McCann. I've fought in two World Wars and countless smaller ones on three continents. I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillery and TANKS! I've seen the headwaters of the Nile, and tribes of natives no white man had ever seen before. I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, KILLED MANY MEN! And loved only one woman, with a passion a FLEA like you could never begin to understand. That's who I am. NOW, GO HOME, BOY!"

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones". Albert Einstein 1947

Sat May 23, 2015 10:11 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

mcyclonegt wrote:
If the picture on google maps is not an accurate depiction it needs to be deleted. False representations will cause an unnecessary outcry from people that have not actually been there. Causing us to possible loose a place for no good reason.

I will be there on the 20th to clean up.

It's not an accurate representation of how it is right now, because it's been closed for a while for logging activities... Give it a few weeks, warm weather, cold beer, idiot shooters... It could look like that fairly quickly.

Sun May 24, 2015 5:46 am
Profile WWW

Massivedesign,

I do indeed plan on attending the clean-up operation on the 20th. I sent you a PM for name tags.

Soldier_Citizen,

I do indeed pick up riff raff left on the firing line. I have NOT been picking up down range other than what I packed in, as I haven't brought throw away gloves with me in the past. I am keeping a box of one time use latex gloves in the car this summer for this purpose. Agreed, we should all strive to help pick up extra stuff. Don't make kids pick stuff up beyond the firing line, the place is covered in lead. Lead and young children DO NOT mix, it can cause severe growth problems and illness. I use other facilities to wash my clothing after going down range in the pit, I would recommend this to everyone with little people running around at home. Lead sits in the drum of the washer and can re-deposit on other clothing. My two cents. See you all on the 20th

Soundplinker

Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]