Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:37 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 

I guess I just missed an opportunity but I am also interested in joining ISA but lack a sponsor. If anyone is hosting a tour or is available to meet up for coffee to discuss potentially sponsoring me let me know. I am available mostly on weekends but could take a half day during the week to meet up if that works better for anyone.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:41 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There's a meeting tomorrow night at 7pm - come out and introduce yourself, maybe you can find a sponsor!

Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:21 pm

Benja455 wrote:
There's a meeting tomorrow night at 7pm - come out and introduce yourself, maybe you can find a sponsor!

I will be there!

Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:53 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oh and BTW - for all of you who have joined ISA recently, the elections are next month.

1) if you have been a member over a year, I encourage you to run for a leadership position. The club is a completely volunteer organization - including the directors and officers. While we have grown and improved a lot in the last two years - there is still a lot of work to do (as anyone who has seen the place should admit)...also, there are a lot of challenges coming down the road (yes, the recent residential developments but also the consequences of previous "leaders" delaying necessary maintenance and improvements). We need people to hold these positions who want to protect one of the last (if not the last?) functional outdoor rifle/pistol ranges in the Seattle/Bellevue area.

2) if you haven't been a member for a year (and therefore can't run for a position), please come to the meeting next month and VOTE! Please hold the organization - especially the Directors (the sole decision makers of ISA) - accountable for their voting records.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Is someone else running for president?

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

buckyboo wrote:
Is someone else running for president?

Yeah, you! Haha...just kidding. PM sent.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:56 pm

I'm also interested in joining ISA. I guess Ill throw my hat in the ring with those asking about sponsors and such. Ill probably send an email to the group via their website to try and arrange a tour and hopefully meet a few current members.

Kris

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

ISA is a great range. It seems dedicated to making it the best range for its membership and it helps to have some young leadership coming in to keep it releavant. Far too often ranges se ms to be good old boy clubs and not open to change or improvements.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Join the NRA
Firearms Policy Coalition

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:18 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

BadKarma wrote:
ISA is a great range. It seems dedicated to making it the best range for its membership and it helps to have some young leadership coming in to keep it releavant. Far too often ranges se ms to be good old boy clubs and not open to change or improvements.

We certainly try!

We had a presentation from Project Appleseed on Saturday - keep an eye out for that happening at ISA in the Spring!

http://appleseedinfo.org/

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:31 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK. Now I'm interested!

Because the eagle sounds like a hawk.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:28 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ooh! Would be nice to have an Appleseed event that's not out in BFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

edogg wrote:
Ooh! Would be nice to have an Appleseed event that's not out in BFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIGHT?!?!

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, I successfully joined ISA and did the PIC training. However, I'm a little confused as to how people know when events are--for example, this weekend I believe I was told that the Mountain Men (muzzleloaders) will be doing things on Saturday, and shotgun/trap will be done Sunday. However, had I not known this in person...how would I know? The only event on the ISA website is the monthly ASI thing, and things like Mountain Men/shotgun aren't listed. Nor is the February work day (I assume the 25th?) listed. I'd certainly like to get involved and try out everything that goes on...but how am I supposed to know when things are?

How do people know when events occur? Are there just other mailing lists I need to get on for each individual event? Was there a posted schedule in the clubhouse that I missed? Am I completely missing some part of the website?

Thanks!

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Welcome to ISA! I can confirm that yes Shotgun is running this Sunday and they are doing their shotgun safety training in the AM. Also, the work party is indeed scheduled for Feb 25th at 9am.

Unfortunately the schedule of events is not updated regularly. Nor have I found some hidden calendar. Ben?

The only way I've found to really know when events occur is to understand the regular schedule of events. It is also possible that the special interest groups may have their own distribution notification network. You could contact the heads of the relevant sigs to see if such things exist? PM me and I can get you into contact with those people if you dont know who they are. I'll make sure to add proper notification to the list of things for the action shooting sig to have...

There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes for the past while to update both the Website as well as the underlying technology infrastructure. At present I'm pretty sure any and all updates just go through Ben. Hopefully we will be able to refine these systems even further in the coming months!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:01 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to ISA!

Short answer - you're not missing anything...1) there aren't *that* many organized events at ISA right now - although, the weekends are getting more and more busy. With that said, many of the older members that run those programs are not tech savvy and don't put the events on our website.

Yes, it sucks - but it's much better than it used to be.

Come out to the elections on March 1st and help me get other smart, motivated people elected to run the place!

Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next