Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Cowlitz County Range- NOW OPEN! 

Thought all your guys might be interested in this. Apparently a new public range is under construction in Cowlitz County by the Cowlitz Game & Anglers club. Here's a link for more info for those that are interested:

http://www.cowlitzgameanglers.com/exit- ... ing-range/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Vince
United States Marine Corps '94-'00
NRA Member

Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good read! I couldn't find a range layout map, but a 300 yd range... NICE!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice!

Always a good things (a new range)!

:party:

$70 per year... do they have a per day fee?

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:54 pm

oldkim wrote:
$70 per year... do they have a per day fee?

Last I heard it was tentatively set at $7 per day. That might have changed a bit since the cost of construction, equipment, and materials has also gone up. But if it has, it's not by much. Between donations and numerous grants they have received, the project is well funded.

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Vince
United States Marine Corps '94-'00
NRA Member

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:10 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some Range into from the FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/Cowlitz-Public ... 659158714/

I am considering becoming a RSO here (depends on what happens at work in the next month).

Hours:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - Noon to 7:00pm (dusk in the winter) -
Wed - 12 pm to 7:00pm (dusk in the winter) -
Thurs & Friday - Noon to 7:00pm (dusk in the winter)
Saturday - 9:00am to 7:00pm (dusk in the winter)
Sunday - 10:00am to 5:00pm -

Trap shooting - Thursday to Sunday

Fees:
Five Year Pass: $325
Annual Pass: $70
Spouse/Significant Other: $35
Kids: $20
Day Shooters: $8
Active Military & Kid (17 & Under) Day Shooters : $4

Daily Fees:
Per Gun: $1 (Lead Clean-up Fee)
Per Shooter: $3 (County required Fee)

Trap Fees:
Trap: $4 per round (25 Targets)

Currently accepting 25 new life memberships: $700 payable by check or cash at the Range Office or mailing to: Cowlitz Game & Anglers at P.O. box 1061 Longview, WA 98632.
Must include Date, Name, Mailing address, Telephone number, E-mail address, and Date of Birth.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

They also offer free basic classes:

Classes:
FREE FIREARM TRAINING CLASSES

The Cowlitz Public Shooting Range is offering the following FREE firearm training classes open to any interested persons. These are classroom sessions only, not range shooting, but the range will be open for shooting after the classes. All classes will be held at the Cowlitz Public Shooting Range, 1000 Toutle Park Road, Castle Rock, WA. Take Exit 52 from I-5 and follow the signs.

All classes will be on Saturdays and will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will last approximately 2 – 3 hours. For additional information, contact Steve Nelson at (360) 846-3535 or SLNelson@yahoo.com

Pre-registration is requested, but not required. Seating preference will be given to those who have pre-registered. Pre-registration is done by direct e-mail only to SLNelson@yahoo.com – not on Facebook. For additional information, contact Steve Nelson at SLNelson@yahoo.com or (360) 846-3535.

August 12, 2017 – Firearm Safety Basics
This class is intended for persons with limited current knowledge and experience in the safe handling, loading, unloading and storage of firearms, ammunition and firearm accessories. It will cover a variety of common firearms, including rifles, pistols and shotguns. The instructors will also attempt to answer any specific gun model questions.

September 9, 2017 – Pistol Shooting Principles
This class will cover the basic principles of pistol and revolver operation and handgun marksmanship. The specifics of several common handgun models will be explained and the instructors will also attempt to answer any questions about other models. This class is intended for the novice handgun shooter, but more experienced shooters may also gain some insights from our experienced instructors.

October 7, 2017 – Rifle Shooting Principles
This class will cover the basic principles of rifle operation and marksmanship. The specifics of several rifle types will be explained and the instructors will also attempt to answer any questions about other models. This class is intended for the novice shooter, but more experienced shooters may also gain some insights from our experienced instructors.

November 4, 2017 – Firearm Laws Everyone Should Know
This class will address some important aspects of federal and state firearm laws affecting the purchase, possession, storage, transportation, carrying, transfer and use of firearms; things every gun owner should know.

December 16, 2017 – AR-15 Rifles for Beginners
This class will cover the basics of the AR-15 type semi-automatic modern sporting rifle, including the design, operation, cleaning and maintenance of the system. It will also cover some of the more common features and options, including calibers, barrel lengths, barrel twist rates, gas systems, and ammunition choices.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RSO's needed!

RSO Training:
Come one, come all!! We need more certified RSO's to keep this range up and running! Come to this class so you can pitch in with a shift to help out!
Class is Saturday, August 26th, and you MUST register by contacting Jason by MONDAY AUGUST 7TH.
Cost is $55, with the option of pursuing an NRA RSO certification for an extra charge.
Contact Chief RSO Jason to register or with any questions: jghammers@gmail.com or 360-846-3032.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

nice.....reading range operations it looks good better yet use of golf cart save time walking, and spotting scope if you dont got one.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:46 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

the golf cart is great and they have several spotting scopes as well as sand bags and Y stands (cannot think of the word) for supporting rifles.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a good looking range. What's the elevation like in relation to the river? Is there any fear of flooding out there?

Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:09 am
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good question, but the river is quite a few feet lower, maybe 100' lower in elevation.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]