Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Re: Darrington Suaittle River Road shooting pit clean up J

Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:54 pm

You guys are absolute studs!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Very nicely done. Pat, great job organizing it! And yes, keep us posted on the September event. thumbsup

Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:26 pm

Great job brother. I’ll put the next one on my calendar and hoping nothing comes up, I hate when that happens.

Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:23 am

In September we will have the small pit to clean up and a small non-shooting spot that they shoot in anyways that needs to be cleaned up.
We did go down to these two spots and hauled out the big stuff.

Two big hot water heaters, a couch, a pool table some big car parts and a refrigerator that they blew up with a bunch of tannerite.

I am going back to New York for three weeks in August to do some work for a friend who bought a few farms for the next gas lease and check them out for deer hunting this November.
My brother bought a small brush hog you pull behind a quad to open some of the over grown field s.
Plus I'll build a few ground blinds.

A guy from granite falls is putting together a clean up over in the Verlot area. The green mountain shooting pits. He says there are four of them
I'm going to meet up with him on Sunday and help him on getting it together. First clean up that he organized.
That clean up will be on August 5th , I want to attend the clean up if I can. I leave on August 8th.

Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:39 pm

Anyone know if these pits east of the Sauk River Bridge (off Suiattle River Rd) are open right now?

Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:25 pm

I visited the smaller of the two pits one day before work this week, it was open. I need to bring some trash bags with me next time, there is plenty to clean up. I also visited the larger pit North of the bluegrass music park (Darrington DNR Area 1 on Google maps) a couple of weeks ago and it was open.

Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:32 am

ExsoLam wrote:I visited the smaller of the two pits one day before work this week, it was open. I need to bring some trash bags with me next time, there is plenty to clean up. I also visited the larger pit North of the bluegrass music park (Darrington DNR Area 1 on Google maps) a couple of weeks ago and it was open.

welcomewgo

Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:49 pm

MadPick wrote:
ExsoLam wrote:I visited the smaller of the two pits one day before work this week, it was open. I need to bring some trash bags with me next time, there is plenty to clean up. I also visited the larger pit North of the bluegrass music park (Darrington DNR Area 1 on Google maps) a couple of weeks ago and it was open.

welcomewgo

Thanks! Really like the site, wouldn't have found the Darrington pits without it. I checked out the larger pit on Suaittle River Rd today, it was also open. Shot a few hundred rounds out of my Remington 550-1, had the entire area to myself, was a good time.
Post a reply