Know a great, safe spot to shoot? Post it up! Coordinate clean-up effort here as well.
Post a reply

Duvall Pit still open? Anyone been there recently?

Wed May 10, 2023 9:48 pm

Trying to get a straight answer on the Duvall Pit location. Called DNR several times and only goes to voicemail they dont check.

Has anyone been there recently or know if it is open? All the rumors of it closing are 2 years old.

Re: Duvall Pit still open? Anyone been there recently?

Wed May 10, 2023 10:49 pm

Welcome to waguns. Seem to remember almost all those have been closed. But someone on the board should know.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thu May 11, 2023 5:18 am

Call WA DNR Northwest region (360) 856-3500

They pick up every time as long as you call on a weekday during business hours

Thu May 11, 2023 6:52 pm

I've called that number (and others they mention and route me to) 3 times with no success unfortunately. I'll call again...

Fri May 19, 2023 10:38 am

The site off of Lake Fontal Rd (is this the Duvall pit?) is closed. After 17 (yes, 17) phone calls to different numbers within the DNR, I finally got confirmation. Thought I would share in case it helps someone.

Could the webmaster update the shooting sites map?

Mon May 22, 2023 8:13 am

wheretoshoot wrote:The site off of Lake Fontal Rd (is this the Duvall pit?) is closed. After 17 (yes, 17) phone calls to different numbers within the DNR, I finally got confirmation. Thought I would share in case it helps someone.

Could the webmaster update the shooting sites map?

Temporarily or permanently closed?

Mon May 22, 2023 10:06 am

DNR contact says it is tied up in litigation. So temp closure. Permanently depending on the litigation outcomes.
Post a reply