Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:25 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Interlake Sporting Association (Redmond/Kirkland) 
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're expected to already have a sponsor before showing up at the meeting.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:02 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nehebkau wrote:
You're expected to already have a sponsor before showing up at the meeting.

This is correct. If you show up at the meeting - be early (we begin at 7pm and typically have a ton of work to do), be polite...introduce yourself to others and share about your background. Someone might offer to show you the facility (that night or a later date)...but to be clear - your sponsor needs to vouch for your safe handling of firearms. That is to say - don't expect to show up and get a sponsor in the same night.

We do this to ensure the safety of the facility, the members and our neighbors - not to be obstructionist or unwelcoming.

Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Hey everyone,

I moved to Seattle (Ballard neighborhood) late May and finally feel situated enough to join an outdoor range. After some research, I am most interested in ISA so I'm looking for a sponsor.

A little bit about myself:

I am 27 years old and originally from California (escaping its horrible gun laws and promise not to bring that to WA). The primary reason to move was new job offerings for my girlfriend. I am a mechanical engineer and have started the job search again and do not foresee running into any hiccups. I got into firearms at the age of 21 and have always handled firearms with respect and obeyed the 4 rules. I have taken a few friends to their first times shooting and always explained the safety rules prior to even getting to the range at home--then I would shoot first so they can observe and whenever they felt comfortable, I would have them practice dry firing at the line to observe their safety habits. After, I would load one round in case they were to flag someone (no one has, but safety first) and work them up to CA's 10 round max.

I also have a CA ccw license (expires in 1 month due to moving to WA), a UT non-res, and finally received WA's CHL (right at the 60 day mark). Will be applying for OR's non-res at the gun show at Puyallup late August. I have taken handgun classes in CA with Frank Proctor (Way of the Gun) and Stan Lee (Academy of St. Crispian) and a LEFR-TCC class with Peak Training Solutions after some events in CA ranges earlier this year. I intend to continue taking more classes, but I just have to do a bit more research to see what's available.

I have shot at West Coast Armory and the Duvall Pit, but want to reach out to 200 yards. I am able to hit a minute of man gong at 200 yards easily, but haven't gotten to hit paper at that distance yet.

If you'd like to reach out to me, that'd be great. We can do a session at West Coast Armory (pistol only here because I don't have a silver membership) or wherever you'd like so you can gauge my safety habits.

Thanks!

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Benja455

Thanks for the info. I totally understand and wouldn't expect to join or have a sponsor there. I just figure it is a good way to see the club, get a feel for the place and meet members. I am a strong advocate of gun safety and it totally makes sense that you want to make sure everyone who uses the range is safe and courteous. I am originally from Canada (don't hold that against me) and took all the safety courses to get my Possession & Acquisition license both Prohibited (Rifles/Shotguns) and Restricted (Handguns). As well as Hunter Safety. I have been a Boy Scout leader and have taken the boys out back country shooting. These were pure city kids some who had never held a rifle or shotgun. I made extra sure they all new the safety rules and stuck by them.

I am really looking to improve my skill. I am not a bad shot but know I can use a work. I am really interested in the range as well as the volunteer and non-profit aspect of the association. I'll make sure I am there early.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Well I'm back again. I don't really feel comfortable showing up to meetings without being invited.
Would anyone be shooting this weekend that would be willing to give me a tour? I can provide some ammo (though only 22lr and 9mm.) PM me if interested.

-Joe

Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I too am looking for a member to help sponsor a new member. I live not a half mile from your facility and want to attend. How can I find an active member?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:21 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Please tell us more about yourself (and your background in the shooting sports) and perhaps we can help you out.

Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:02 pm

It turns out one of my co-workers is involved with the BP group at ISA. I hope to accompany him soonish and check it out. I also had some conversation with one of their web contacts about possibly hosting CAS style shooting, all in all very positive and I look forward to seeing the site.

Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am
Profile WWW

Hello, ISA members,

I am looking for the sponsor, who could recommend me, so I can join the association. So, what I can tell you about myself...:) I am 38, Russian. I am an IT guy and I am looking for an opportunity to improve my shooting skills and teach my kids, how to safely deal with a firearm. I am living in Duvall, but my office is in Redmond Town Center, so ISA location is just perfect. I also a big fun of recurve bow, so I will be 10x happy to join ISA because it will allow me to continue practicing with a bow besides firearms.

Thank you,
Roman.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:59 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shikaka wrote:
Hello, ISA members,

I am looking for the sponsor, who could recommend me, so I can join the association. So, what I can tell you about myself...:) I am 38, Russian. I am an IT guy and I am looking for an opportunity to improve my shooting skills and teach my kids, how to safely deal with a firearm. I am living in Duvall, but my office is in Redmond Town Center, so ISA location is just perfect. I also a big fun of recurve bow, so I will be 10x happy to join ISA because it will allow me to continue practicing with a bow besides firearms.

Thank you,
Roman.

Welcome to WaGuns, Roman! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:43 pm

I would like to add myself to the list of people searching for an ISA sponsor.

I got involved with firearms after running across the .22 range in West Seattle about 6 years ago. The West Seattle Sportsmen's Club were instrumental in my introduction and initial training with firearms.

I started out shooting 4P small-bore rifle matches. I've done that off-and-on ever since. I also started shooting .22 pistols in bullseye competitions. I take firearm training and safety very seriously, and have taken multiple training courses with my 9MM and my AR-15.

I live in West Seattle, and I'm currently a civilian member of the SPAA (Seattle Police Athletic Association) range in Tukwila. Unfortunately I joined after they phased out their trap shooting facility, so I'm interested in finding a location that offers trap. My shotgun is getting very bored sitting in the cabinet. :)

I am 54, and have been working for the same employer as a software developer for 21 years.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome to WaGuns, Stephen! :wavey:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 pm

heyhey, looking for a sponsor. been here a couple years. was in a bunch of gun clubs back in MA and OH. NRA life member. have a bunch of kids, live next to MS campus, ill buy you dinner or make you sushi @marilketh on telegram :bigsmile:

Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:15 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Time for my annual reminder: The ISA elections are this Wednesday at 7pm.

ALSO - I’m running for President of ISA. If you’re a current member, please consider supporting me and the other folks running for the leadership team.

We have a great group with a ton of solid plans to move the organization forward and help support broader 2A efforts.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:59 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Benja455 wrote:
Time for my annual reminder: The ISA elections are this Wednesday at 7pm.

ALSO - I’m running for President of ISA. If you’re a current member, please consider supporting me and the other folks running for the leadership team.

We have a great group with a ton of solid plans to move the organization forward and help support broader 2A efforts.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!

GET OUT AND VOTE PEOPLE!!
BEN FOR PRESIDENT!
Make Interlake Great Again!!

NRA Range Safety Officer
NSSF Member
SAF Defender's Club - Life member
US Navy - 1976-1982

Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next