Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Range membership 

So, my wife and I want to get a range membership. We live in Shelton and the local gun range here (at least the outdoor one) is closed down. There are two ranges we are interested in that are close enough to use regularly. We are deciding between Evergreen Sportsman's Club in Little Rock, and Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club in Bremerton. If you are a member of or have shot at one or both of these clubs, pleas let me know what you thought of it. :AR15firing:

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:24 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am a member of Evergreen and also serve on the Board.

Evergreen is open to the public, no membership required. If you do want to be a member it gives you reduced shooting rates and the ability to vote in elections. 100 yard rifle range, 25 yard pistol range. Largest trap field on the west coast, sporting clays, 5-stand, skeet, blackpowder range and archery/hatchet course. www.shootesc.com

WaGuns also holds it's annual New Years shoot at Evergreen.

Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:30 am
Profile WWW

thanks for the input. Do you know if they have a 360 degree course?

Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:05 pm
Site Admin
Site Admin

hughes35e wrote:
thanks for the input. Do you know if they have a 360 degree course?

For what type of shooting?

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

:ROFLMAO:

If you do find a range with 360... I'm in

:Init:

In all seriousness...

You may be interested in this - it's just information now as the company doesn't exist anymore - Cascadia Tactical.
http://waguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5233

They were a simunition training in Kent, WA - basically you use a special upper portion of a firearm that will only shoot simunition. Kind of like airsoft or paintball but with ammunition that fires special "Marking cartridges"

There is no public range in Washington State that allows you to shoot past 180' that I know of... a shoot house

Also please let us know if you have shot a 360 range before? Where? And the military does not count.

So back to your OP - question.

Evergreen is a great range. :thumbsup2:
http://www.shootesc.com/

Kitsap has lots of competition (IDPA, Fun Steel) Matches
http://gunsafety.org/

But, You'll have to give us more information on what specifically you want from a range...

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:29 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

I've learned that our taxes pay for membership for ranges throughout the state aka public land. I still pay for indoor shooting when I need to test a pistol or work with the YL instead of driving out to the woods though.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
I've learned that our taxes pay for membership for ranges throughout the state aka public land. I still pay for indoor shooting when I need to test a pistol or work with the YL instead of driving out to the woods though.

I'm in the same boat. Paid ranges are for testing and the woods are for the fun stuff.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife and I are members at Evergreen, and we are usually out there at least every other weekend. The weekend RSO's are all pretty good guys, and are a lot more flexible with the rules than most other ranges. There are no round limits in your magazine, you can rapid fire (within reason), and you can fire pistols and rifles on the same line.

And am a little excited to hear there is a hatchet range though. That just answered my wife's question of "what are you going to do with that?" every time I purchased a tomahawk I couldn't pass up.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:34 am

Apparently l, Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club has a 360 degree range, but it's for members only. Membership is $200 the first year, then $100 and 10 hours service subsequent years.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:33 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

mis fire, sorry.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:02 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been to Kitsap and really enjoyed my experience. It was once a couple of years ago, since I'm in Everett, but IRRC you could carry concealed on the range, even as a non-member you could draw from the holster on the pistol range, and rifle was out to 200yds. If it wasn't 2hrs away I would totally be a member there. Things could have changed of course, but I really liked it.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:01 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife and I were members for 3 years at Evergreen Sportsman (we live in East Grays Harbor). We dropped the yearly membership due to the increases in dues every single year and since we are not regulars (older & do not shoot every month) it just didn't work for us. We like the range & RSO's but we are not into the every weekend shooting crowd so when we do go it's during the week to avoid these crowds. icon_eek
On another note, I will not go to shoot when there are any other shooters at an outdoor pit range, I do not trust everyone with a gun..... :whatthe:
Good luck with your decision.

"We cannot negotiate with those who say, 'What's mine is mine, and what's yours is negotiable.'" JFK

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safetyā€¯

-Ben Franklin

MadPick wrote:
I don't think you beat your children enough. :ROFLMAO:

Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 am
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caveman Jim wrote:
My wife and I were members for 3 years at Evergreen Sportsman (we live in East Grays Harbor). We dropped the yearly membership due to the increases in dues every single year and since we are not regulars (older & do not shoot every month) it just didn't work for us. We like the range & RSO's but we are not into the every weekend shooting crowd so when we do go it's during the week to avoid these crowds. icon_eek
On another note, I will not go to shoot when there are any other shooters at an outdoor pit range, I do not trust everyone with a gun..... :whatthe:
Good luck with your decision.

I go to ESC almost every weekend, there are a couple we skip here and there. I have no issues with the crowds, there are very few times when the range is completely full. There is almost always an open table. I am there at 11am exactly, and have shot at the same table for quite awhile. There are usually only about 3 tables filled at 11am, and then fills up in the afternoon.

Mon May 02, 2016 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]