Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:17 am

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 classifier 

where can I shoot a classifier or classifiers?

I am looking at doing all 3 (IDPA, USPSA and IPSC) matches at Paul Bunyun in January to dive into competitive shooting but as I understand I must first shoot classifiers before starting in competition.

I have looked at the Paul Bunyun calendar and it doesn't have any days for it. Is that something that is done at the new shooter orientation before the match?

Thanks

Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:18 pm
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer
Site Supporter / FFL Dealer

TNovasky wrote:

I am looking at doing all 3 (IDPA, USPSA and IPSC) matches at Paul Bunyun in January to dive into competitive shooting but as I understand I must first shoot classifiers before starting in competition.

I have looked at the Paul Bunyun calendar and it doesn't have any days for it. Is that something that is done at the new shooter orientation before the match?

Thanks

You don't have to shoot a classifier for shooting a match. If you want to shoot, say, a national or state IDPA match, yes, you'll need a classifier before.

1911 Pistolsmithing
Firearm Refinishing
GLOCK Certified Armorer
CMMG Authorized Dealer
NEMO Arms Authorized Dealer
http://www.blackhammerarms.com
http://www.facebook.com/blackhammerarms
https://www.instagram.com/blackhammerarms/

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

dreadi wrote:
TNovasky wrote:

Thanks

You don't have to shoot a classifier for shooting a match. If you want to shoot, say, a national or state IDPA match, yes, you'll need a classifier before.

That's correct. Custer rifle range (blaine) is having an all classifier uspsa match tomorrow if you want to travel that far. Local ranges usually have a couple idpa classifiers per year.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:52 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Also, local clubs will let you shoot one match without joining the league. If you plan to keep doing it, it would be worth joining uspsa and idpa before your first match.
Ipsc and uspsa areally virtually synonymous in the US, but different rules in the rest of the world.
Here's the link for the USPSA northwest section, lots of good info. http://northwestsection.org/
IDPA usually does a safety check for the new shooter before every match, but uspsa doesn't.
You may have to schedule a check with one of the PB uspsa Ro's.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:59 pm

Thanks

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Duke EB wrote:
dreadi wrote:
TNovasky wrote:

Thanks

That's correct. Custer rifle range (blaine) is having an all classifier uspsa match tomorrow if you want to travel that far. Local ranges usually have a couple idpa classifiers per year.

YEp, shot that one yesterday... Didn't do all that well with my g26, classed in D.. but did get 2 alphas at 50 yards with it. Apparently there will be another one in the new year sooner than later.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:53 pm
In Memoriam
In Memoriam

TNovasky wrote:

Thanks

USPSA has a Classifier stage each match....so every match you attend (there are few exceptions) will let you add scores to your quest for the next class.

Check your personal profile on the USPSA site for new additions to your running tally.

P.B. during the summer also has USPSA twice a month on Tuesday afternoons.....They call it Rainier Shadow League. I seldom miss one. All competitors welcome, we have a blast.

BTW, I was at Custer yesterday....Squad 3.

A bit cold but worth the drive.

"Let us Cross the river and sit in the shade of the trees" .....Stonewall Jackson

T. Jefferson "....the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it's natural manure"

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]