Gun store Shooting Locations It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 pm

Rules WGO Chat Room Gear Rent Me Shield NRA SAF CCKRBA
Calendar

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Shelton Steel Match 

Hey Everyone,

Next Thursday evening, April 2, we will be having a steel shoot in Shelton. It is at the MCSA range by the airport. We do this shoot once a month and have been having a good time. You will need a centerfire pistol or revolver with hip holster, and 3 mags. Bring at least 60 rounds, but we have been known to shoot more, so 100 - 150 should be fine if you like to shoot a lot. Prices are $6 for members, $8 for non-members, and juniors/youth are always $1!

We start out with a first stage that has a fast mover target where you have under 5 seconds after you activate the target to shoot 8 rounds at it while it moves across the range from side to side until it is out of view. For the next two stages you get to use three mags with 8 rounds each. For the second stage we have a mix of 20 plates and poppers that we shoot from three different positions so you can get the run and shoot action going. The last stage is from a fixed position, all 20 plates and poppers, as fast as you can. All of the stages are shot with 8 rounds in each mag, so you will get some practice with reloads.

After these three stages we will usually move into grudge matches with shooter on shooter, and sometimes shooter on shooter on shooter.

We will start shooting at about 5:30PM or as soon as we get set up, but if you cant get there until 6:30 or so, you should be able to shoot the first and second stages with everyone. Come on out and have some fun!

:yes:

Last edited by redhead on Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:55 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

this is a once a month thing?
of course this exact day falls on the only day this year i'm having to work a triple but i'd love to do this. finally something close enough to me that I can compete! can't wait til the next one.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:49 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds like fun ... especially the grudge matches. :mulletslayer:

Benefactor Life Member, National Rifle Association
Life Member, Second Amendment Foundation
Patriot & Life Member, Gun Owners of America
Life Member, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
Legal Action Supporter, Firearms Policy Coalition
Member, NAGR/NFGR

Please support the organizations that support all of us.

Leave it cleaner than you found it.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 am

We shoot steel the first Thursday of every month. The calendar can be found in the link in the OP for the schedule of all the Steel Shoots, Tuesday night Action Pistol League, Bullseye, and USPSA matches.

We will start shooting at 5:30 tonight. If you have never shot steel before and seen the plates and poppers fall after you hit them, you will not be disappointed!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:04 pm
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sounds like a lot of fun!!

But there is no way I could make there in time. Live in Seattle and at the end of the work day at 5-5:30pm, I could be in Seattle or Bellevue or Renton or Kent or Auburn...

If the Potter's are there say hi to them for me. :bigsmile:

Damon

https://www.RisingSunTraining.com
https://www.facebook.com/RisingSunTraining
https://www.instagram.com/rising_sun_training/
"Always be involved To Learn, To Teach, and To Share, what you are passionate about."

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This sounds like a blast. Too bad I'm in Eugene.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:40 pm

The September Steel Shoot is two days away! Who is planning to go? It should be a fun shoot. Will they change up the stages and bring out the Texas Star? Will there be a grudge match at the end? Time will tell. If there is something specific that you want to see, leave a comment. We will start to set up at 5PM and shooting will commence at 6PM. Bring 60+ rounds of ammo. See you there!

The range is at the Port of Shelton. Send me a PM if you need directions. Cost is $8, $6 if you are a MCSA member.

https://www.facebook.com/masoncountysportsmansassoc/

Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]